We know many of you are worried about how your finances might be affected by coronavirus (COVID-19). To help you through these uncertain times, we're working hard to make sure you have the advice and support you need.
Getting in touch
If you need to, you can still visit one of our branches across Australia. All but Wynyard, Sydney remain open, with additional measures to protect the health and wellbeing of colleagues and customers. Or call our contact centre on 1300 309 388.
Financial Hardship Assistance
You can apply to defer home loan, personal loan and credit card repayments by up to 6 months, with a review after the first 3. Or, you may apply for a temporary credit limit increase on your HSBC credit card if needed. You can apply online by simply downloading and complete our Statement of Financial Position From then email it to email@example.com.
To find out more, speak to our financial hardship team on 1300 555 988.
Monday to Friday: 8am to 7pm (AEST)
HSBC has outlined new measures to help customers experiencing disruption to their financial affairs as a result of COVID-19. Here are some of the ways we can help:
Credit cards, personal loans and home loans
- A 0.50% reduction in one, two and three-year Premier fixed rate home loans for owner occupiers paying principal and interest. The new fixed rates of 2.25% p.a. for each of these periods will be available from Monday 30 March. Our standard fees will be waived for existing home loan customers who wish to switch from a standard variable rate to a fixed rate product. Excludes LVR above 80%.
- While standard variable rates across our home loan products will be maintained at existing levels, HSBC's headline Home Value home loan is already one of the lowest in the market at 2.65% p.a.
- You can apply to defer home loan, personal loan and credit card repayments by up to 6 months, with a review after the first 3. Or, you may apply for a temporary credit limit increase on your HSBC credit card if needed.
- We're waiving our standard interest rate reduction and $30 administration fee if you need access to your Term Deposit prior to maturity. These fees will be waived from Monday 30th March.
- If you are interested in a new term deposit, we have several competitive rates available right now. Click here to find out more.
We can offer flexible solutions for your individual circumstances. Financial assistance may include options such as: deferral of scheduled loan repayments, waiving fees or charges, and/or interest free periods.
For more information on our products, simply call our contact centre or speak with us in-branch.
HSBC offers our customers travel insurance through Allianz Australia Insurance Limited. This includes travel insurance with your eligible HSBC credit or debit card.
The Allianz Travel team is currently experiencing longer than usual wait times. If you need to make an urgent travel claim, we encourage you to do so online. Simply follow the steps below:
- Go to the Travel Claims website.
- Log in using your travel insurance policy number, name and date of birth.
If you are currently overseas and require urgent medical assistance, please call Allianz directly on: +617 3305 7499.
During this difficult time in our community we're here to help you in any way we can. Please contact our team should you need any support or assistance.
Protecting your money
Some criminals are using the coronavirus outbreak as an opportunity to scam the public. This includes offering medical products, guidance or a safe haven for money.
Remember, HSBC will never ask you to move money to a safe account. Please remain vigilant and stay up to date with the latest information on our HSBC security page.
Serving documents on HSBC Australia
HSBC Australia is unable to receive or accept service of legal documents by postal mail or in person during the period of disruption associated with COVID-19. We will accept service by electronic means only until further notice. Please use the following email address for this purpose: firstname.lastname@example.org