Find what you're looking for
We are aware of fraudulent calls and emails circulating. Stay up to date with the latest news.
Financial Hardship Assistance
You can apply to defer home loan, personal loan and credit card repayments by up to 6 months, with a review after the first 3. Visit our Repayment Deferral page for more information and to get started.
Credit cards, personal loans and home loans
- A 0.50% reduction in one, two and three-year Premier fixed rate home loans for owner occupiers paying principal and interest. The new fixed rates of 2.25% p.a. for each of these periods will be available from Monday 30 March. Our standard fees will be waived for existing home loan customers who wish to switch from a standard variable rate to a fixed rate product. Excludes Loan to Value Ratio (LVR) above 80%.
- While standard variable rates across our home loan products will be maintained at existing levels, HSBC's headline Home Value home loan is already one of the lowest in the market at 2.65% p.a.
- You can apply to defer home loan, personal loan and credit card repayments by up to 6 months, with a review after the first 3.
- We're waiving our standard interest rate reduction and $30 administration fee if you need access to your Term Deposit prior to maturity. These fees will be waived from Monday 30th March.
- If you are interested in a new term deposit, we have several competitive rates available right now. Click here to find out more.
We can offer flexible solutions for your individual circumstances. Financial assistance may include options such as: deferral of scheduled loan repayments, waiving fees or charges, and/or interest free periods.
For more information on our products, simply call our contact centre or speak with us in-branch.
Contactless Payment PIN limit increase
The limit for contactless card transactions requiring a PIN, on all HSBC debit and credit cards, has been temporarily increased from $100 to $200 to help reduce the risk of Covid-19 transmission.
The new temporary limit is being rolled-out progressively and will only be available at certain merchants, hence, you should follow the PIN pad prompts at all times.
All transactions will continue to be monitored by HSBC's advanced fraud monitoring systems and our customers will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions.
It is vital that you continue to keep your card safe at all times to protect against theft and check your account often. If you lose your card or have any concerns about unauthorised transactions on your account, please contact us immediately.
HSBC offers our customers travel insurance through Allianz Australia Insurance Limited. This includes travel insurance with your eligible HSBC credit or debit card.
The Allianz Travel team is currently experiencing longer than usual wait times. If you need to make an urgent travel claim, we encourage you to do so online. Simply follow the steps below:
- Go to the Travel Claims website.
- Log in using your travel insurance policy number, name and date of birth.
If you are currently overseas and require urgent medical assistance, please call Allianz directly on: +617 3305 7499.
During this difficult time in our community we're here to help you in any way we can. Please contact our team should you need any support or assistance.
Our Global Commitment
HSBC is donating USD 25 million to a COVID-19 donation fund, with funds already flowing to countries that need it most. This is to help support vulnerable people affected by COVID-19 throughout the world. USD 10 million has been set aside for long term commitments, and we have funds ready for charities that are co-ordinating an international response. We hope these donations will make a real difference now and in the future. It's our global commitment to a global crisis.
Need more information?
Serving documents on HSBC Australia: HSBC Australia is unable to receive or accept service of legal documents by postal mail or in person during the period of disruption associated with COVID-19. We will accept service by electronic means only until further notice. Please use the following email address for this purpose: email@example.com