Follow this simple guide to setup your new account
We know that getting started with a new bank account isn't always easy, so we've summarised everything you need to know to get the most out of your Day to Day account right here.
How to setup mobile and online banking
Online Banking gives you a faster, secure and more convenient way to manage your finances, anytime, anywhere.
How to register
Choose the option that applies to you and follow the simple steps.
I opened my account online or over the phone
1. Register for Online Banking
2. Enter your Personal Banking Number (sent to you within 5 days of opening your account)
3. Enter your Access Code (if you don't have one, call 1300 306 543 or +61 2 9005 8421 from overseas to set it up)
4. Create an Username & Password
After completing these steps, you will receive an Online Security Device in the mail. Ensure you activate your device following the instructions provided.
I opened my account in a branch
1. Register for Online Banking
2. Enter your Personal Banking Number and Access Code given to you at the branch when you opened your account
3. Create an Username & Password
4. Register your Online Security Device
Find out more about Online Banking
Banking on the move has never been easier with HSBC Mobile Banking.
Once you've registered for Online Banking, go to www.hsbc.com.au on your iPhone or compatible smartphone and you'll automatically be directed to HSBC's Mobile Banking site where you can logon and begin banking on the go.
You can also download the HSBC Mobile Banking application from iTunes.
Find out more about Mobile Banking
Phone Banking at 1300 308 008
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Use your Personal Banking Number to get balance enquiries, transaction details and more.
Find out more about the additional benefits of Online Banking, Mobile Banking and Phone Banking.
Activate your HSBC Visa Debit Card
- Make purchases in-store, online, by phone, by mail and when overseas
- Fee free ATM access in Australia at HSBC ATMs and any other banks offering fee free ATM access
Before you can start using your HSBC Visa Debit Card you will need to activate it.
Two easy ways you can activate your card:
- By phone: 1300 308 008 (or +61 2 9005 8220 from overseas), have your card handy and follow the prompts
- In branch: Visit any HSBC branch in Australia.
Find out more about your HSBC Visa Debit Card
Switch your banking to HSBC
Consolidate your accounts with HSBC
To get the most out of your Day to Day account, switch your direct debits and credits to HSBC. We'll do all the hard work for you with our Easy Account Switching Service.
- Start straight away: Once your account is open, simply complete this easy form to switch.
- We do the hard work: We'll take the hassle out of switching by arranging for your regular direct debitors and direct creditors to be notified about your new HSBC account details on your behalf.
- It's free: There's absolutely no cost for using the Easy Account Switching Service.
You could reach your saving goals sooner with an HSBC Flexi Saver account
Link your HSBC Day to Day account to an HSBC Flexi Saver account and earn a great ongoing AUD interest rate, and the opportunity to earn an AUD monthly bonus when you save.
Enjoy the Flexi Saver standard AUD variable rate of 1.25% p.a+ on balances up to AUD$ 5 million.
Plus, every month you could receive a monthly AUD bonus interest by simply ensuring that on the last business day of the month, you balance in at least $300 higher (excluding interest) than it was on the first business day of that month. Your variable 1.25% p.a+ monthly bonus will be applied for the following month, calculated from the first business day of that month
- No monthly account fee and no minimum or ongoing balance required
- Earn more with interest calculated daily and paid monthly
- Easy access to your money in branch and through Phone, Internet and Mobile Banking
- Open multiple Flexi Saver accounts for different savings goals and in multiple currencies
Terms & ConditionsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
iTunes, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Monthly bonus offer valid as at 29-Jan-18 and subject to change.
+ Rates are current as at 29-Jan-18 and subject to change. No interest is incurred on the portion of balances over AUD$ 5 million. This advertisement provides general advice only and doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) (PDF, 583 KB) before acquiring this product, available by calling 1300 308 008, at your local branch or www.hsbc.com.au. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. AFSL 232595