The HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card
Receive 20,000 bonus Qantas Points
When you spend $3,000 or more on eligible purchases1 within 90 days from card approval1
Earn with everyday spending
Earn 1 Qantas point per dollar spent, up to $1,000 every month. Every $1 spent thereafter will earn 0.5 Qantas Points. This is capped at 7,500 per statement period.3
0% p.a. Balance Transfer for 12 months from non-HSBC credit cards on application.2
$99 Annual Fee
Available to new, approved customers who apply for the HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card. HSBC may change or end this offer at any time. Please see full terms and conditions below. Other fees and charges apply.
As a new HSBC card customer I will also get:
HSBC Instant Savings
Instant Savings are now at your fingertips with a free membership to Frequent Values™ by Entertainment Publications. You can enjoy more than 4,500 exciting offers at participating outlets across Australia and New Zealand every time you use your credit card.
Our cards come with a range of insurances for peace of mind. Our Platinum Qantas Credit Card comes with Domestic Travel Insurance, Purchase Protection, Extended Warranty, Guaranteed Pricing Scheme and International Travel Insurance4.
My Card Control
To let you choose when and how to use your card. Contactless, online, over the phone and international transactions can be switched on and off to meet your needs.
Applying is easy
Who can apply
- Must be over 18 and be an Australian resident
- Earn at least $40,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit rating
- Address details
- Income and employment
What to expect
- Apply securely online in 10 minutes
- Get an instant response in 60 seconds
- Upload extra documentation
Apply for a HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card
Terms & Conditions
Credit provided by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162 AFSL/Australian Credit Licence 232595. Offer avaliable to new, approved HSBC credit cardholders. HSBC may change or end this offer at any time. Fees, charges, terms, conditions and HSBC lending criteria apply to all credit cards issued by HSBC. Visit hsbc.com.au or call 132 152.
HSBC Instant Savings terms and conditions apply. Visit hsbc.com.au/credit-cards/terms/ for full details.
- To be eligible for the bonus Qantas Points offer, you must apply and be approved for a new HSBC Platinum Qantas Card. Receive 20,000 bonus Qantas Points if you spend $3,000 on eligible purchases within 90 days of card approval. Eligible purchases exclude interest free and other promotions, balance transfers, cash transfers, business expenses, cash advances, fees and charges, BPAY®, any disputed transactions and government fees and charges. The 20,000 bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer Account within 90 days of meeting the spend criteria, provided that your account is active and not in arrears and you have provided HSBC with a valid Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number. Offer is limited to new applicants only. Existing HSBC customers transferring from another HSBC credit card or customers who have held a HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card within the last 12 months are ineligible for this offer.
- To be eligible for the introductory balance transfer rate, the balance transfer request must be made when applying for the HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card.Your total balance transfers must not exceed 90% of your approved credit limit. The interest rate on the balance transfer applies for 12 months and must be from non-HSBC credit cards. After this period, any balance outstanding from the balance transfer will accrue interest at the cash advance rate current at that time. HSBC will allocate payments received from you to pay off the portion of your balance attracting the highest interest rate first and subsequently to portions of your balance attracting lower interest rates. This may mean applying any and all payments made to your HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card account to pay off other transactions such as purchases and cash advances before any balance transfer amount.
- Qantas Points accrue in accordance with and are subject to the HSBC Qantas Rewards Terms and Conditions. No points are earned on interest free and other promotions, Balance Transfers, business expenses, cash advances, fees and charges, any disputed transactions, BPAY® and any government fee or charge. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and provide your valid membership number to HSBC in order to earn and redeem points. A joining fee usually applies, however HSBC has arranged for this to be waived for HSBC credit card customers opting in to HSBC Qantas Rewards who are not already Qantas Frequent Flyer members - join by visiting qantas.com/hsbcjoin. Membership and the earning and redemption of points is subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/terms. Earn 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent up to $1,000 per statement period on eligible purchases made in Australia and overseas. Every $1 spent thereafter will earn 0.5 Qantas Points up to a total of 7,500 Qantas Points per statement period.
- Insurance policies are issued by AWP Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177(AFSL No. 245631) trading as Allianz Global Assistance (under a binder from Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (AFSL No. 124708) and HSBC Bank Australia Limited (ABN 48 006 434 162) (AFSL 232595). Terms and conditions for HSBC insurance policies, limits and exclusions apply and available at www.hsbc.com.au. An excess may apply. HSBC does not issue these insurances and does not receive commissions on these policies or guarantee any benefits under this cover. HSBC has entered into master policies for the benefit of cardholders. The cover provided is at no additional cost to cardholders. This document provides general information only and does not take into account what you currently have, want or need for your financial future. You should consider these matters and read the Information Booklet available at hsbc.com.au or by calling 1800 648 093.
- A joining fee usually applies, however HSBC has arranged for this to be waived for HSBC credit card customers opting in to HSBC Qantas Rewards who are not already Qantas Frequent Flyer members – join by visiting qantas.com/hsbcjoin.