HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates
Exchange foreign currencies online at competitive rates wherever you are, whenever currency markets are open.
Make the most of FX movements
Exchange up to 19 different currencies at competitive HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates.
Global banking for your global needs
Buy, hold and transact in up to 10 currencies at HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates with the award winning HSBC Everyday Global Account.
Send money overseas
Stay connected for less with HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates and one low flat-rate fee of $8 for online international transfers.
Make the most of currency movements as they occur when exchanging foreign currency within HSBC accounts or making international transfers1
How it works
- Log on to online or mobile banking
- Select 'Make a Transfer' under 'Move Money'
- Enter your transaction details
- Happy with the exchange rate? Tap 'Confirm' to accept it and make your transfer. Hoping for a better rate? Tap 'Refresh rate' for a new quote.
Foreign currency made easy with the HSBC Everyday Global Account
Enjoy outstanding value with the all-in-one multicurrency HSBC Everyday Global Account. Great for exchanging, holding and transacting in foreign currencies.
- $0 monthly account fee2 for everyday banking
- $0 HSBC ATM fees3 anywhere in the world
- $0 transaction fees for purchases in Australia, overseas or online
- Buy, hold and transact in up to 10 currencies at competitive HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates - AUD, USD, GBP, EUR, HKD, CAD, JPY, NZD, SGD, CNY (currency restrictions apply to CNY)
- Use HSBC Mobile Banking to switch between currencies instantly anywhere and at any time
- Enjoy the convenience and security of Visa payWave, Google PayTM and Apple Pay
Exchange Foreign Currency in branch
USD and HKD currency note transactions are only available at selected HSBC Branches2. Please give the branch 24 hours' notice for USD and HKD cash withdrawals, and we'll do our best to make this available, however, it's subject to branch availability. To find out more please call us on 1300 308 008.
Exchange Foreign Currency online
Customers with Online Banking
Manage your foreign currency accounts and check HSBC real time exchange rates
Speak to us
You might be interested in
Foreign Currency Accounts
Buy, transact, save, and invest in up to 10 different currencies with our range of foreign currency accounts.
Make fast international transfers at competitive exchange rates and one low flat-rate fee.
Terms & Conditions
Other fees and charges may apply. See our Personal Banking Booklet (PDF, 1.50 MB). This advertisement provides general advice only and doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider the Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms (PDF, 1.10 MB) and Financial Services Guide (PDF, 906 KB) before acquiring this product, available by calling 1300 308 008, at your local branch or www.hsbc.com.au. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. AFSL 232595.
- HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, CNY, HKD, CAD, NZD, JPY, CHF, SGD, AED, DKK, MXN, NOK, SAR, SEK, THB and ZAR when using HSBC Online or Mobile Banking for transfer between HSBC Australia accounts and international transfers within currency cut-off times.
HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply when the foreign exchange (FX) market is open. When the FX market is closed on weekends (that is from the US market closing time on Friday to the Asia market opening time on Monday), the HSBC real time exchange rate is priced off the exchange rate applying at the time the US market closed plus an additional weekend margin.
The HSBC Real Time Exchange Rate will not apply on currency holidays, on NSW and US public holidays, to transfers in currencies not listed above and to transfers outside of HSBC Australia entered after currency cut-off times. Instead, the HSBC Daily Exchange Rate, which is set and refreshed every 30 minutes daily from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (excluding weekends and NSW public holidays) will apply.
For future dated transactions via HSBC Online or Mobile Banking, the HSBC Daily Exchange Rate on the future date of the transaction will apply.
HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for Global Transfers between your HSBC Accounts. For transfers in unsupported currencies using Global Transfers, the receiving country’s daily exchange rate will apply and currency cut-off times of the receiving country may also apply. For future dated transactions using Global Transfers, the HSBC Real Time Exchange Rate on the future date of the transaction will apply when the FX market is open.
Transfer and correspondent banking fees may apply for transfers outside of HSBC Australia.
FX transactions are subject to foreign exchange risk associated with exchange rate movements. HSBC accounts should not be used for speculative FX purposes.
- USD and HKD cash transactions are available at selected HSBC branches. For USD and HKD deposits, these must be notes only and in multiple of 10. Cash transactions in USD and HKD are subject to cash handling fees. Please refer to the Personal Banking Booklet for HSBC accounts for more information.
- Other banking services fees and charges may apply.
- Non-HSBC branded ATMs may also charge an ATM operator fee for withdrawals or balance enquiries at their ATMs.
- Visa Zero Liability applicable only to transactions processed through the Visa network and subject to investigation of the unauthorised transaction.
The HSBC Everyday Global Account was awarded the Canstar 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value – Travel Debit Card in September 2018/2019/2020 and Outstanding Value – Transaction Account April/Oct 2020, the Finder Award for 'Best Transaction Account' September 2020 and the Canstar Bank of the Year - Everyday Banking 2020 award.