Why choose home and contents insurance?
Your home is your most precious possession. With HSBC Home Building and Contents insurance, you'll enjoy peace of mind knowing that your most valuable asset is covered.
Key features of our product depending on the level of coverage you select include1:
Cover against a range of insured events including: fire, theft and storm damage.
Legal liability up to $20 million.
Up to $5,000 cover for fraudulent use of your lost or stolen credit card.
Guests' and visitors' property cover up to $5,000.
Optional Personal Effects cover to protect your valuable personal items, like an MP3 player, camera, sunglasses or spectacles, against loss or damage anytime, anywhere in Australia - plus up to 35 days of overseas cover in any one period of insurance. Only available in conjunction with Contents Cover.
Ways to purchase:
Online, Branch, Phone
Get a quote for Home and Contents Insurance
Ready to get a quote
Get your online quote today
New to HSBC Australia or existing customer without Online Banking
You might be interested in
Terms & Conditions
- Cover varies depending on whether you choose the vital, classic or prestige cover options.
- If you are eligible for more than one discount, Allianz applies them in a predetermined order. This means any subsequent discount will be applied to the reduced premium amount after applying any prior discounts and the effect of the subsequent discount will be reduced. For example, the aggregate effect of applying two 10% discounts consecutively means that you will not see the full benefit of both these discounts. Discounts do not apply to taxes or government charges. Discounts do not apply to optional covers for Domestic Workers Compensation/Landlord Workers Compensation, and may not apply to other optional covers (if available and selected).
- Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and may only apply to the extent that any minimum premium is not reached. When you take out a new policy, we calculate your No Claims Bonus based on your home or landlords (as applicable) insurance claims history. To qualify for the maximum No Claim Bonus of 30%, home insurance customers must have had no Building or Contents insurance claims in the preceding five years. Landlord customers must have had no Landlord insurance claims in the preceding 3 years. However, customers who have had claims may still qualify for a reduced No Claim Bonus.
- Premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upward or downwards) due to rounding and financial institution transaction fee may apply.
- A discount of up to 10% for combining Buildings and Contents covers on one policy is applied for Building and Contents, Fusion and Accidental damage cover where applicable. The combined policy discount does not apply to the optional Flood or Personal Effects cover.
Home Building and Contents insurance is issued by and underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (Allianz) ABN 15 00 122 850 AFSL 234708. HSBC Bank Australia Limited (HSBC) ABN 48 006 434 162 AFSL 232595 acts as an agent for Allianz in providing its arranging and referral services and may provide general advice in relation to the products mentioned. We do not take into account what you currently have, want or need for your financial future. You should consider these matters and read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before you make a decision. A copy of the PDS is available at www.hsbc.com.au, by visiting an HSBC branch or calling 1300 308 008. HSBC receives commission, which is a percentage of the premium, details can be provided on request. HSBC does not guarantee or accept liability for any products offered by Allianz. Discounts may not be applied to any flood component of the premium (if applicable).