Allianz Building and Contents Insurance
Get cover for your home buildings and your contents by combining buildings and contents covers on the one policy.
If you take both Building and Contents insurance, here's how they can work together if the unexpected occurs:
Your house burns down. You could lose all your buildings, and everything in them. With adequate sums insured under Buildings and Contents cover, you could rebuild and replace your insured belongings.
A fire damages your kitchen. You could repair or rebuild built-in damaged parts of your kitchen, such as benchtops, with Buildings cover. Then you could replace damaged items like blinds and kitchenware under your Contents cover.
A thief smashes your window, breaks the lock and steals your belongings. You can fix the window and lock through your Buildings cover and replace the items that were stolen under your Contents cover.
Features and Benefits
The better you understand your policy, the easier it will be if you ever have to claim.
Here is a limited summary of the benefits of a building and contents insurance policy. For full details, of the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), any applicable supplementary PDS before making a decision to purchase the insurance. The Home Buildings and Home Contents Key Fact Sheets (KFS) also sets out some information about the cover.
- Rebuilding and professional feesIf you need to rebuild your home after total loss or damage, Allianz will help pay the reasonable costs of architects, engineers, surveyors and solicitors up to $5,000.
- Cover for the unexpectedAllianz offers cover for out of the ordinary but devastating events such as fire5, storm5 and burglary.
- Cover for storm damage5Covers loss or damage by storm, cyclone5, rain water, runoff (provided run-off is not combined with flood waters) and, if caused by and occurs within the first 72 hours following a storm, Allianz provides cover for loss or damage caused by soil movement, landslide, mudslide or subsidence.
- Making your buildings environmentally friendlyIf your buildings are totally destroyed and need to be rebuilt, in addition to your buildings sum insured, Allianz will pay up to $5,000 (after deduction of any government or council rebates) to help you make the new buildings more environmentally friendly.
- Alternative accommodation for you and your petsIf your Building or Contents are damaged by an insured event during the period of insurance to such an extent that you can't live in your home buildings, Allianz will pay the additional costs for temporary accommodation for you up to 10% of the building or contents sum insured (as applicable) and up to $500 for temporary accommodation for your pets in a commercial boarding establishment. This benefit applies up to a maximum of 12 months
- Replacement locksAllianz will cover the cost, up to $1,000, to replace the locks or cylinders of any external door or window following an actual or attempted theft or burglary if the key is stolen or you believe the key has been copied.
- Vandalism or malicious damageAllianz will cover you for loss or damage caused by vandalism or a malicious act.
- Debris removalIn addition to your buildings sum insured, Allianz will pay up to 10% of your building and/or contents sum insured for the removal of debris from the damaged or destroyed part of the buildings.
- Legal liabilityAllianz will cover your legal liability up to $20 million for payment of compensation relating to death, bodily injury or illness, and/or physical loss of or damage to property caused by an accident (or series of accidents).
- Cover when you're moving houseAllianz will cover your contents for loss or damage caused by an insured event both at your new and old address for up to 14 days after you first start to move. No cover is provided for loss or damage whilst contents are in transit (unless you have Accidental damage cover).
- 24/7 online claims lodgementWhen you need to make a claim Allianz are there for you with 24 hour claims lodgement available online, or you can call the claim line to commence the claims process over the phone.
Get a quote for Home and Contents Insurance
To lodge a Home and Contents insurance claim
Online, any time
A convenient way to lodge a Home and Contents insurance claim is via the online claim form. You can commence submitting your Home and Contents insurance claim notification 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
All you need to do is complete the online claim form. Once it is lodged, a friendly claims consultant will contact you as soon as possible.
- Secure form
- No phone queues
- Immediate confirmation number for your reference
Over the phone - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week claims service
You can call claims on 1300 555 030 and a consultant will help you commence the claims process.
Terms & Conditions
HSBC Bank Australia Limited (HSBC) ABN 48 006 434 162. AFSL/Australian Credit Licence Number 232595 arranges this insurance as agent for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL Number 234708. We do not provide any advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Policy terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision, please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement available from https://www.hsbc.com.au/insurance/. The relevant Target Market Determination is available by calling 1300 205 060. If you purchase this insurance, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. Ask us for more details before we provide you with services.
- Online discount
When you quote and buy a new home insurance policy online a discount of up to 10% is applied to your first years premium including the following optional covers (if selected); Accidental damage, Flood, Motor Burnout and Portable Contents. This discount is not applied on renewal.
A discount of up to 10% is applied to your premium when you combine Buildings and Contents on one Home Insurance policy, including for the following optional covers if selected: Motor Burnout and Accidental Damage cover.
- Minimum premiums
If you are eligible for more than one discount, Allianz applies them in a predetermined order. This means any subsequent discount will be applied to the reduced premium amount after applying any prior discounts and the effect of the subsequent discount will be reduced. For example, the aggregate effect of applying two 10% discounts consecutively means that you will not see the full benefit of both these discounts.
Discounts do not apply to taxes or government charges.
Discounts do not apply to optional covers for Domestic workers' compensation / Landlord workers' compensation, and may not apply to other optional covers (if available and selected).
Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and may only apply to the extent that any minimum premium is not reached.
- Instalment premiums
If you choose to pay your premium by instalments, you do not pay us any more than if you pay your premium in one lump sum annually. The premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding. Note: Your financial institution may apply transaction fees to instalment payments.
- 72 hour exclusion period
We may not provide cover for any loss of or damage to your property caused by cyclone, grassfires and bushfires, during the first 72 hours after you first purchase a policy or increase your cover under an existing policy. Refer to PDS for when exclusion periods apply