Make international transfers online with a low, flat-rate fee
If you need to send money overseas, HSBC offers you the easy way to make international transfers to wherever you want, whenever you want for a low fee.
Enjoy a low, competitive foreign exchange transfer fee of $8* for online transfers, or $20 in branch for any amount you wish to send. And, with our competitive Real Time Exchange Rates1 that refresh every 20 seconds, you can be confident that you're getting the most up-to-date rate on any money you send.
International transfer timings
Please note that international transfers generally take 1-3 business days, depending on the regulations and controls of the receiving country and bank.
When you transfer funds from HSBC Australia to another HSBC account overseas in the currency of the receiving country, the funds will generally be available the same business day, depending what time of day the transfer is made.
Other international transfer fees
Correspondent (intermediary) banks will usually charge a fee for the processing and clearing of an international transfer. These fees will vary, depending on the receiving country. They are not included in the international transfer fee (Telegraphic Transfer fee) that you pay us. You can choose to either have the recipient pay the correspondent bank fees by deducting the fees from the transfer amount, or pay HSBC an upfront fee of AUD30 to cover these additional fees.
Special offer for online customers
Flat International Foreign Exchange Transfer Fee
$20 in branch Flat International Transfer Fee
Premier around the world
Unlock HSBC Premier2 in one country, and you can enjoy the Premier life across 29 markets.
- Transfer instantly between all your global HSBC accounts, free of charge via Global Transfer3
- See all of your international accounts in one place with Global View
- Free overseas account opening support prior to moving or working abroad
- Automatic Premier status in 29 markets around the world, with access to over 350 worldwide HSBC Premier Centres
- Request up to USD2,000 of emergency cash to be sent to any HSBC branch worldwide4
Foreign exchange services
Transferring funds is quick and easy with Move Money in Online Banking.
If you haven't already, download the HSBC Mobile Banking App. That way you can transfer money no matter where you are.
Real time exchange rates
Exchange foreign currencies online at competitive HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates1 wherever you are, whenever currency markets are open.
Everyday Global Account
To take advantage of HSBC's low Telegraphic Transfer rate and so much more, open an award winning HSBC Everyday Global Account. Not only can you transfer money, you can hold up to 10 different currencies in the one account.
Access HSBC International Transfers
Customers with Online Banking
Manage your foreign currency accounts and check HSBC real time exchange rates
New to HSBC
Open an Everyday Global Account
Speak to us
You might be interested in
Foreign Currency Accounts
Buy, transact, save, and invest in up to 10 different currencies with our range of foreign currency accounts.
Terms & Conditions
Other fees and charges may apply. See our Personal Banking Booklet (PDF, 1.50 MB). This advertisement provides general advice only and doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider the Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms (PDF, 1.10 MB) and Financial Services Guide (PDF, 906 KB) before acquiring this product, available by calling 1300 308 008, at your local branch or www.hsbc.com.au. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. AFSL 232595.
- HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, CNY, HKD, CAD, NZD, JPY, CHF, SGD, AED, DKK, MXN, NOK, SAR, SEK, THB and ZAR when using HSBC Online or Mobile Banking for transfer between HSBC Australia accounts and international transfers within currency cut-off times.
HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply when the foreign exchange (FX) market is open. When the FX market is closed on weekends (that is from the US market closing time on Friday to the Asia market opening time on Monday), the HSBC real time exchange rate is priced off the exchange rate applying at the time the US market closed plus an additional weekend margin.
The HSBC Real Time Exchange Rate will not apply on currency holidays, on NSW and US public holidays, to transfers in currencies not listed above and to transfers outside of HSBC Australia entered after currency cut-off times. Instead, the HSBC Daily Exchange Rate, which is set and refreshed every 30 minutes daily from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (excluding weekends and NSW public holidays) will apply.
For future dated transactions via HSBC Online or Mobile Banking, the HSBC Daily Exchange Rate on the future date of the transaction will apply.
HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for Global Transfers between your HSBC Accounts. For transfers in unsupported currencies using Global Transfers, the receiving country's daily exchange rate will apply and currency cut-off times of the receiving country may also apply. For future dated transactions using Global Transfers, the HSBC Real Time Exchange Rate on the future date of the transaction will apply when the FX market is open.
Transfer and correspondent banking fees may apply for transfers outside of HSBC Australia.
FX transactions are subject to foreign exchange risk associated with exchange rate movements. HSBC accounts should not be used for speculative FX purposes.
* Applicable to: 1) Debit from Foreign Currency account and transfer in Foreign Currency; 2) Debit from AUD account and transfer in Foreign Currency; 3) Debit from Foreign Currency account and transfer in AUD.
- Qualification criteria applies to gain and maintain access to HSBC Premier. Go to hsbc.com.au/Premier for more details.
- Global Transfer allows instant transfers between your international and domestic HSBC Premier accounts, at no extra charge.
- You may borrow up to USD 2,000, and further amounts may be made available upon application, assessment and approval by HSBC. Funds will only be provided in countries where HSBC is located and where you present adequate identification (such as your Passport, HSBC Premier World Mastercard® or HSBC Premier Visa Debit Card). You can request advance information about any fees, charges and interest that may apply. HSBC will only advance these funds if the laws of the country you're in allows us to do this, and will be subject to your HSBC product terms and conditions.