Send money quickly and securely overseas, any time
- Competitive rates - Access HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates1 anywhere, any time
- $0 HSBC transfer fee5 - when you send money in over 50 currencies
- $0 correspondent bank fees in supported currencies to over 50 countries and regions, including when converting AUD to Indian Rupee (INR)
- Transparency - see the estimated arrival time, fees, exchange rate and the transfer amount before you complete the transfer
- Over 200 countries and regions supported – it’s your simple, secure way to send money all around the world.
Special offer for online customers
$0 Mobile and Online Banking
Zero International Transfer Fee (excludes correspondent bank fees)
AUD20 in branch flat International Transfer Fee
International Transfer timings
- Global Money Transfers - Generally within 1-2 business days via the HSBC Australia Mobile App.
- Online payments - Generally within 1-3 business days via HSBC Australia Online Banking.
- In person payments - Generally within 1-3 business days for a payment made at an HSBC Australia Branch.
Important: Arrival time of funds in the recipient bank account may be longer depending on the currency you send, correspondent bank clearing times and regulations and controls of the receiving country or region. Incorrect or incomplete recipient details can also result in payment delays, so it is important to check these details before confirming a transfer.
Other International Transfer fees
Correspondent (intermediary) banks may charge a fee to process and clear an international transfer. These fees will vary, depending on the receiving country.
HSBC Australia has no control over the amount charged by correspondent banks. For International Transfers via Online Banking, you can choose to either have the recipient pay the correspondent bank fees by deducting the fees from the transfer amount before payment to the receiving bank, or you can pay HSBC an upfront Correspondent Bank Cover Fee of AUD30 to cover these additional fees.
No correspondent bank fee applies for International Transfers in the local or supported currency to over 50 countries and regions made via Global Money Transfers on the HSBC Australia Mobile Banking App.
When a correspondent bank fee will be applied, "AUD30 transfer fee" will be displayed before you complete the transfer using the app. You will also see the estimated arrival time of the funds with the receiving bank.
Premier around the world
- Global Transfers3 – is available exclusively to Premier customers for instant transfers between your global HSBC accounts, free of charge
- Global Money Transfers – is available to all customers for fast, easy and secure global transfers to third parties in over 50 currencies to over 200 countries and regions with the HSBC Australia Mobile App
- Global View – see all of your international accounts in one place
- Free overseas account opening support prior to moving or working abroad
- Automatic Premier status in 29 markets around the world, with access to over 350 worldwide HSBC Premier Centres
- Request up to USD2,000 of emergency cash to be sent to any HSBC branch worldwide4
Foreign exchange services
Save in foreign currencies
Earn bonus interest when you save and grow your balance each month in up to 10 foreign currencies.
Real time exchange rates
Exchange foreign currencies at competitive HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates1 anywhere, anytime with Global Money Transfers on the HSBC AU moblie app.
Everyday Global Account
Make International Transfers with no HSBC transfer fee5, open an award winning HSBC Everyday Global Account. Not only can you transfer money, you can hold up to 10 different currencies in the one account.
Access HSBC International Transfers
Download the HSBC Australia Mobile Banking App and log on to make fast and secure Global Money Transfers anywhere, any time.
Online Banking Payments
Manage your global foreign currency accounts and check the HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates1.
New to HSBC
Open the multi currency Everyday Global Account to manage your finances in one place. Make international payments and purchases and access your money when travelling.
Customers with Online Banking
Manage your foreign currency accounts and check HSBC real time exchange rates
New to HSBC
Open an Everyday Global Account
You can also apply for a joint account.
Speak to us
You might be interested in
HSBC Everyday Global Account
Offers seamless access to other currencies when travelling and helps you save on everyday spend with no hidden fees here, overseas or online.
Foreign Currency Accounts
Whether you're looking to save, spend or transfer in a foreign currency, there is a savings or transaction account to suit your need.
Terms & Conditions
Other fees and charges may apply. See our Personal Banking Booklet (PDF, 1.50 MB). This advertisement provides general advice only and doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider the Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms (PDF, 1.10 MB) and Financial Services Guide (PDF, 906 KB) before acquiring this product, available by calling 1300 308 008, at your local branch or www.hsbc.com.au. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. AFSL 232595.
- HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for transfers between HSBC Australia accounts when using HSBC Mobile and Online Banking.
For Mobile Banking, HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for all international transfers.
For online banking, HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, CNY, HKD, CAD, NZD, JPY, CHF, SGD, AED, DKK, MXN, NOK, SAR, SEK, THB and ZAR for international transfers within currency cut-off times.
When the foreign currency market is closed on weekends (that is from the US market closing time on Friday to the Asia market opening time on Monday), the HSBC Real Time Exchange Rate will include an additional weekend risk margin for the bank to cover risk of any market volatilities.
The HSBC Real Time Exchange Rate will not apply on currency holidays, on NSW and US public holidays.
For Online Banking, the HSBC Real Time Exchange Rate will not apply to transfers in currencies not listed above and to transfers outside of HSBC Australia entered after currency cut-off times. Instead, the HSBC Daily Exchange Rate, which is set and refreshed every 30 minutes daily from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (excluding weekends and NSW public holidays) will apply.
Future dated or recurring international transfers are not available on HSBC Mobile Banking.
For other future dated or recurring transactions via online banking, the HSBC Daily Exchange Rate on the future date of the transaction will apply.
HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for Global Transfers between your HSBC Accounts. For transfers in unsupported currencies using Global Transfers, the receiving country's daily exchange rate will apply and currency cut-off times of the receiving country may also apply. For future dated transactions using Global Transfers, the HSBC Real Time Exchange Rate on the future date of the transaction will apply when the foreign currency market is open.
Foreign currency transactions are subject to foreign exchange risk associated with exchange rate movements. HSBC accounts should not be used for speculative foreign currency purposes.
- Qualification criteria applies to gain and maintain access to HSBC Premier. Go to hsbc.com.au/Premier for more details.
- Global Transfer allows instant transfers between your international and domestic HSBC Premier accounts, at no extra charge. Global View and Global Transfers is not available in all markets.
- You may borrow up to USD 2,000, and further amounts may be made available upon application, assessment and approval by HSBC. Funds will only be provided in countries where HSBC is located and where you present adequate identification (such as your Passport, HSBC Premier World Mastercard® or HSBC Premier Visa Debit Card). You can request advance information about any fees, charges and interest that may apply. HSBC will only advance these funds if the laws of the country you're in allows us to do this, and will be subject to your HSBC product terms and conditions.
- Other banking service fees and charges may apply, including Correspondent Bank Fees for international transfers.