A fee free everyday account, for here and overseas
- $0 monthly account1, transaction, and ATM fees2
- Earn 2% cashback3 on tap and pay under $100
- Buy, hold and spend in up to 10 currencies
- Transfer money anywhere in the world for only $8
How your Everyday Global Account can help you
- $0 monthly account fee1
- $0 transaction fees
- $0 ATM fees2 charged by HSBC Australia
- Fraud protection covered by Visa Zero Liability4
- Buy, hold and spend in AUD, USD, GBP, EUR, HKD, CAD, JPY, NZD, SGD, CNY (currency restrictions apply to CNY)
- Transfer money anywhere in the world online for only $8
- Make the most of currency movements as they occur when exchanging foreign currency within HSBC accounts or making international transfers7
- Make purchases in Australia, overseas and online without hidden fees
- Enjoy the convenience of Visa payWave, Google PayTM and Apple Pay8
- Access competitive real time7 exchange rates
- Switch between currencies instantly when you use the HSBC Australia Mobile Banking app
Fees and charges
Fees and charges for the Everyday Global Account
The HSBC Everyday Global Account currently pays no interest in any currency.
Apply for an Everyday Global Account
New to HSBC?
Complete your application online today.
Already an HSBC customer?
Apply using the Mobile Banking App or Online Banking.
Not registered for Online Banking? Register now.
Apply by phone or branch
Terms & Conditions
- Other banking services fees and charges may apply.
- Non-HSBC branded ATMs may also charge an ATM operator fee for withdrawals or balance enquiries at their ATMs.
- You will earn 2% cashback on eligible purchases under $100 when you tap and pay with Visa payWave, Apple Pay or Google Pay™. This will be paid into your Everyday Global Account with the maximum cashback you can earn being $50 per calendar month. Eligible purchases must be made in Australian Dollars and where the merchant or its financial institution/ payment processor is registered in Australia. Purchases which are excluded for cashback include business, gambling and government transactions (including public transport). For the full exclusion list, refer to the Transaction and Savings Account Terms.
- Visa Zero Liability applicable only to transactions processed through the Visa network and subject to investigation of the unauthorised transaction.
- The $100 bonus is paid to new HSBC customers who open an HSBC Everyday Global Account from 12:00am AEDT 1 August 2019 to 11:59pm AEDT 30 April 2022 and deposit AUD 2,000 or more per month for three consecutive months within six months of opening the account. Refer to the Cash Bonus Terms and Conditions (PDF,228 KB).
- HSBC Everyday Extras is a feature of the HSBC Everyday Global Account. You will be eligible for Everyday Extras if you deposit at least AUD2,000 into your HSBC Everyday Global Account before the last working day of each calendar month. For more information refer to the Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms.
- The real time exchange rate is the exchange rate in the market a few seconds before the exchange rate is given to you. Real time exchange rates only apply on the currencies we offer and will vary on how you transact, for more information read the Personal Banking terms. The HSBC daily rate applies when the FX market is closed on weekends and applies on all future dated transactions. Transfer fees and correspondent bank fees may apply for transfers outside of HSBC Australia. FX transactions are subject to foreign exchange risk associated with exchange rate movements. HSBC FX accounts should not be used for speculative purposes.
- Terms and conditions apply to the use of Apple Pay and Google Pay.
The HSBC Everyday Global Account was awarded the Canstar Bank of the Year – Everyday Banking 2020 & 2021 award and the 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value – Transaction Account 2020 & 2021, Mozo's Exceptional Everyday Account Award in February 2021 and the Finder Award for Best Transaction Account September 2020.
This advertisement provides general advice only and doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider the Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms (PDF, 1.10 MB) and Financial Services Guide (PDF, 906 KB) before acquiring this product, available by calling 1300 308 008, at your local branch or www.hsbc.com.au. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. AFSL 232595.