An award-winning everyday account, for here and overseas
Everyday Banking – pay bills and deposit your salary
Unlock Everyday Extras7 – when you deposit $2,000 or more each month
Travel – pay in the local currency2 with no hidden fees
Foreign currency – buy, hold and spend in up to 10 currencies (including AUD)
Deposit $2,000 or more into your Everyday Global Account each month to unlock Everyday Extras7
$100 Bonus9 when you deposit $2,000 or more each month for 3 consecutive months, within 6 months of opening your Everyday Global Account.
Earn up to $50 cashback8 each month on eligible purchases when you tap and pay with Visa payWave, Google PayTM or Apple Pay5 under $100.
Earn 0.4% p.a. bonus interest10 on the ongoing variable rate on your HSBC Serious Saver Account. The ongoing variable rate applies after the competitive 4 month introductory rate and is paid when you make no withdrawals during the month.
- Use your own money for purchases in Australia, overseas and online without the hidden fees.
- Enjoy the convenience and security of Visa payWave, Google PayTM and Apple Pay5.
- Access competitive real time4 exchange rates.
- Switch between currencies instantly 24/7 wherever you are using the mobile app.
In addition to Australian dollars, you have the choice to buy, hold, save and spend in the following currencies.
AUD, USD, GBP, EUR, HKD, CAD, JPY, NZD, SGD, CNY (currency restrictions apply to CNY)
Make the most of currency movements as they occur when exchanging foreign currency within HSBC accounts or making international transfers4
Fees and charges
Fees and charges for the Everyday Global AccountExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Interest rates for the Everyday Global AccountExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Apply for an Everyday Global Account
Apply by phone or branchExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Terms & ConditionsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
- HSBC Group ATMs (in Argentina, Mexico and Uruguay) and other ATM owners/operators may charge an ATM Operator Fee for withdrawals or balance enquiries at their ATMs.
- Where a currency is not one of the listed currencies available on the Everyday Global Account or in the restricted currency CNY, the funds will be deducted from the AUD account and ATM withdrawals will be automatically converted into the local currency at the Visa exchange rate.
- Visa Zero Liability subject to investigation of unauthorised transaction.
- Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for certain currencies when using Online Banking and Mobile Banking to transfer between HSBC Accounts and the foreign exchange (FX) market is open (excluding weekends, currency and US holidays). When the FX market is closed on weekends (from US market close on Friday until Asia market open on Monday), the exchange rate which will apply between your HSBC Australia accounts is the exchange rate at US FX market close plus an additional weekend spread. The HSBC Daily Exchange Rate, set once a day (excluding weekends and NSW public holidays) will apply to transfers outside of HSBC Australia entered after currency cut-off times, on currency holidays and on NSW and US public holidays, and will apply for all future-dated transactions on the future date of the transaction. FX transactions are subject to foreign exchange risk associated with exchange rate movements. HSBC FX accounts should not be used for speculative purposes.
- Terms and conditions apply to the use of Apple Pay and Google Pay. Excludes HSBC Corporate Cards.
- Other fees and charges may apply.
- HSBC Everyday Extras is a feature of the HSBC Everyday Global Account. To continue to be eligible to receive Everyday Extras you will need to deposit AUD2,000 or more into your HSBC Everyday Global Account before the last day of each calendar month. Refer to the Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement for full T&Cs.
- 2% of the purchase price is paid into your Everyday Global Account (capped at AUD50 per month) when you tap and pay using Visa payWave, Apple Pay or Google Pay for eligible purchases under AUD100. Eligible purchases must be made in Australian Dollars and where the merchant or its financial institution/ payment processor is registered in Australia. Excluded are purchases made for business, commercial or government purposes (including bus, train and ferry), cash withdrawals, foreign and non-fiat currency transfers (such as Bitcoin), travellers' cheques, money orders or money transfers, car parking and vending machine transactions, point of sale cash withdrawals, debt repayments, refunds, payment reversals, gambling and transactions between HSBC accounts. HSBC may deduct payment of the Cashback offer where you reverse or cancel a transaction.
- The AUD100 bonus paid in AUD to new HSBC customers who open an HSBC Everyday Global Account before 31/03/20 and deposit AUD2,000 or more per month for three consecutive months within 6 months of opening the account, Cash Bonus Terms and Conditions (PDF,225 KB).
- 0.4% bonus interest is payable above the annual ongoing variable rate on HSBC Serious Saver balance up to $1,000,000. Generally, withdrawals made between the 28th of the month and 27th of the subsequent month (inclusive) will result in no interest being applied for that month. For example, withdrawals on 28th of December, may lead to no interest being applied for the month of January. The ongoing variable rate applies after the introductory rate and is paid when you make no withdrawals during the month.
All in branch cash transactions are restricted to AUD, USD and HKD. For USD and HKD deposits, these must be notes only and in multiples of 10. Cash transactions in USD and HKD are subject to cash handling fees. Please refer to the Personal Financial Services Charges - your guide (PDF, 184 KB) For HSBC accounts for more information. Cash withdrawals in HKD or USD for amounts greater than AUD 1,000 equivalent are subject to 24 hours advance notice or branch availability.
The HSBC Everyday Global Account was awarded the Canstar Innovation Excellence Award in April 2018, and the 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value – Travel Money Card in June 2018/2019 and Outstanding Value – Travel Debit Card in September 2018.
This advertisement provides general advice only and doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Financial Services Guide (FSG) (PDF, 487 KB) before acquiring this product, available by calling 1300 308 008, at your local branch or www.hsbc.com.au. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. AFSL 232595.