Why choose a HSBC Everyday Global Account?
Everyday banking – to pay bills and deposit your salary with no monthly account fee8
Online shopping - in other currencies
Travel – leave overseas ATM and Transaction fees behind with this award winning Travel Money Account
Foreign currency - buy, save and spend in up to 10 currencies (including Australian dollars)
Features & Benefits
- Australian Dollars (AUD$) - Control Currency
- United States Dollars (USD$)
- Great Britain Pound Sterling (GBP£)
- Euro (EUR€)
- Hong Kong Dollars (HKD$)
- Canadian Dollars (CAD$)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- New Zealand Dollars (NZD$)
- Singapore Dollars (SGD$)
- Renminbi (RMB¥) (currency restrictions apply)
Additional currencies to the 10 available can be accessed, with money automatically converted from your Australian dollars to the local currency.
Visa Debit Card
- Use your own money for purchases online, overseas, over the phone and by mail
- Mobile Payments5, including Apple Pay and Google PayTM, can be used wherever you can make contactless purchases, online, and at participating retailers in store
- Visa payWave8 for convenient contactless purchases under $100
- Visa Zero Liability3 protection against unauthorised purchases
- Set up recurring payments on your Everyday Global Visa Debit Card for easy payment of bills
- Extra card for joint accounts
- Fee free ATM withdrawals and in store or online purchases in Australia and overseas. Some ATM operators and merchants may charge a separate fee
- Online Real time currency exchange rates when markets are open and move money between currencies 24x74
- Online, Mobile and Phone Banking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Everyday Global Visa Debit Card
- In Branch in Australia
- Telegraphic Transfers
- Use your own money for purchases in Australia, overseas and online without the hidden fees.
- Enjoy the convenience and security of Visa payWave, Apple Pay and Google Pay5.
- Access competitive real time4 exchange rates.
- Switch between currencies instantly 24/7 wherever you are using the mobile app.
Fees and charges
Fees and charges for the Everyday Global AccountExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Interest rates for the Everyday Global AccountExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Apply for an Everyday Global Account
Apply by phone or branchExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Frequently asked questions
Who is the HSBC Everyday Global Account suited to?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
How do I add a currency to my Everyday Global Account?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Why choose HSBC for foreign currency?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Can I transact and withdraw cash in other currencies besides the 10 available in the Everyday Global Account?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
What is the control currency?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
What is the benefit of having other currencies in my Everyday Global Account?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
You might be interested in
Have the certainty of a fixed rate that can be fixed from 30 days to 5 years.
Save in foreign currencies with flexible access to your savings account when you need it.
Compare our Foreign Currency accounts to find the right fit for you.
Terms & ConditionsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
The HSBC Everyday Global Account was awarded the Canstar Innovation Excellence Award in April 2018 and the 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value – Travel Money Card in June 2018.
1 HSBC Group ATMs (in Argentina and Mexico) and other ATM owners/operators may charge an ATM Operator Fee for withdrawals or balance enquiries at their ATMs.
2 Where a currency is not held or there are insufficient funds, the funds will be deposited into or withdrawn from the AUD$ account and ATM withdrawals will be automatically converted at the prevailing HSBC exchange rate.
3 Visa Zero Liability subject to investigation of unauthorised transaction.
4 Real time foreign exchange (FX) transactions are available 24/7 between linked HSBC Australia accounts for selected currencies using Online and Mobile Banking. Make the most of real time FX rates when the FX market is open (excluding currency holidays, NSW and US public holidays). When the market is closed set FX rates will apply to real time FX transactions, and the exchange rate will not fluctuate. If making a payment to a third party outside of HSBC Australia during currency holidays, NSW and US public holidays, the HSBC Daily Exchange Rate will apply. The HSBC Daily Exchange Rate will apply for all future-dated transactions on the future date of those transaction. The foreign exchange market is subject to risks associated with exchange rate movements. HSBC foreign currency accounts should not be used for speculative purposes. Real time FX transactions are not available to Trusts, SMSFs and non-trading accounts between 12.00am Saturday and 8.00am Monday.
6 Via permitted access methods
7 Facility and provider fees and charges may apply. ATM transactions fees may apply for use of non-HSBC ATMs.
8 Other fees and charges may apply.
9 home&Away Privilege Program terms and conditions apply for the Home and away privilege program.
All in branch cash transactions are restricted to AUD$, USD$ and HKD$. For USD$ and HKD$ deposits, these must be notes only and in multiples of 10. Cash transactions in USD$ and HKD$ are subject to cash handling fees. Please refer to the "Personal Financial Services Charges - your guide (PDF, 184 KB)" for more information. Cash withdrawals in HKD$ or USD$ for amounts greater than AUD$ 1,000 equivalent are subject to 24 hours advance notice or branch availability.
The HSBC Everyday Global Account was awarded the Canstar Innovation Excellence Award in April 2018, and the 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value – Travel Money Card in June 2018 .
This advertisement provides general advice only and doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Financial Services Guide (FSG) (PDF, 487 KB) before acquiring this product, available by calling 1300 308 008, at your local branch or www.hsbc.com.au. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. AFSL 232595.