An award-winning everyday account, for here and overseas
Everyday Banking – pay bills and deposit your salary
Unlock Everyday Extras7 – when you deposit $2,000 or more each month
Travel – pay in the local currency2 with no hidden fees
Foreign currency – buy, hold and spend in up to 10 currencies (including AUD)
Deposit $2,000 or more into your Everyday Global Account each month to unlock Everyday Extras7
$100 Bonus9 when you deposit $2,000 or more each month for 3 consecutive months, within 6 months of opening your Everyday Global Account.
Earn up to $50 cashback8 each month on eligible purchases when you tap and pay with Visa payWave, Google PayTM or Apple Pay5 under $100.
The account that meets your everyday banking needs and is also great for travel
- Use your own money for purchases in Australia, overseas and online without the hidden fees.
- Enjoy the convenience and security of Visa payWave, Google PayTM and Apple Pay5.
- Access competitive real time4 exchange rates.
- Switch between currencies instantly 24/7 wherever you are using the mobile app.
Make the most of currency movements as they occur when exchanging foreign currency within HSBC accounts or making international transfers4.
USD and HKD currency note transactions are only available at selected HSBC Branches11. Please give the branch 24 hours’ notice for USD and HKD cash withdrawals, and we’ll do our best to make this available, however, it’s subject to branch availability. To find out more please call us on 1300 308 008.
Fees and charges
Fees and charges for the Everyday Global Account
Interest rates for the Everyday Global Account
Apply for an Everyday Global Account
New to HSBC?
Complete your application online today.
Already an HSBC customer?
Apply using the Mobile Banking App or Online Banking.
Not registered for Online Banking? Register now.
Apply by phone or branch
Terms & Conditions
- Non HSBC ATM owners/operators may charge an ATM Operator Fee for withdrawals or balance enquiries at their ATMs. Other fees and charges may apply.
- Where a currency is not one of the listed currencies available on the Everyday Global Account or in the restricted currency CNY, the funds will be deducted from the AUD account and ATM withdrawals will be automatically converted into the local currency at the Visa exchange rate.
- Visa Zero Liability subject to investigation of unauthorised transaction.
- Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, CNY, HKD, CAD, NZD, JPY, CHF, SGD, AED, DKK, MXN, NOK, SAR, SEK, THB and ZAR when using our Online Banking or Mobile Banking to: (1) transfer between HSBC Accounts and the foreign exchange (FX) market is open (excluding weekends, currency and US holidays) or (2) to make international transfers within currency cut-off times. Transfer fees and correspondent bank fees may apply for transfers outside of HSBC Australia. When the FX market is closed on weekends (that is from the US market closing time on Friday to the opening time of the Asia market on Monday), the exchange rate which will apply between your HSBC Australia accounts is the exchange rate applying at the time the US market closed plus an additional weekend spread. The HSBC Daily Exchange Rate, set once a day (excluding weekends and NSW public holidays) will apply to transfers outside of HSBC Australia entered after currency cut-off times, on currency holidays and on NSW and US public holidays, and will apply for all future-dated transactions on the future date of the transaction. FX transactions are subject to foreign exchange risk associated with exchange rate movements. HSBC FX accounts should not be used for speculative purposes.
- Terms and conditions apply to the use of Apple Pay and Google Pay. Excludes HSBC Corporate Cards.
- Other fees and charges may apply.
- HSBC Everyday Extras is a feature of the HSBC Everyday Global Account available from 1 August 2019. To continue to be eligible to receive Everyday Extras you will need to deposit AUD2,000 or more into your HSBC Everyday Global Account before the last day of each calendar month. Refer to the Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms (PDF, 1.10 MB) and Personal Banking Booklet (PDF, 1.50 MB) for full T&Cs.
- 2% of the purchase price is paid into your Everyday Global Account (capped at AUD50 per month) when you tap and pay using Visa payWave, Apple Pay or Google Pay for eligible purchases under AUD100. Eligible purchases must be made in Australian Dollars and where the merchant or its financial institution/ payment processor is registered in Australia. Excluded are purchases made for business, commercial or government purposes (including bus, train and ferry), cash withdrawals, foreign and non-fiat currency transfers (such as Bitcoin), travellers' cheques, money orders or money transfers, car parking and vending machine transactions, point of sale cash withdrawals, debt repayments, refunds, payment reversals, gambling and transactions between HSBC accounts. HSBC may deduct payment of the Cashback offer where you reverse or cancel a transaction.
- The AUD100 bonus paid in AUD to new HSBC customers who open an HSBC Everyday Global Account from 12:00am AEDT 1 August 2019 to 11.59pm AEDT 31 December 2020 and deposit AUD2,000 or more per month for three consecutive months within 6 months of opening the account. Refer to the Cash Bonus Terms and Conditions (PDF,228 KB).
- 0.4%p.a. bonus interest is payable above the annual ongoing standard variable rate on HSBC Serious Saver balances up to $1,000,000. The ongoing standard variable rates applies after the introductory rate. HSBC Serious Saver applicants must be individuals aged 18+.
- USD and HKD cash transactions are available at selected HSBC branches. For USD and HKD deposits, these must be notes only and in multiples of 10. Cash transactions in USD and HKD are subject to cash handling fees. Please refer to the Personal Banking Booklet (PDF, 1.50 MB) for HSBC accounts for more information.
The HSBC Everyday Global Account was awarded the Canstar 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value – Travel Debit Card in September 2018/2019/2020 and Outstanding Value – Transaction Account April 2020, the Rate City Gold Award for 'Best Bank Account' May 2020 and the Finder Award for 'Best Transaction Account' September 2020.
This advertisement provides general advice only and doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider the Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms (PDF, 1.10 MB) and Financial Services Guide (PDF, 906 KB) before acquiring this product, available by calling 1300 131 605, at your local branch or www.hsbc.com.au. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. AFSL 232595.