Interacting with a bank isn't always easy – find out how we can offer extra support when you might need it.
Facing tough times or living with a disability? We can offer you extra support with your banking when you might need it. We have a range of resources to help you access our banking services if you need special support or have particular needs.
You're always welcome to speak to us directly to discuss what kind of support you may need.
Received an abusive message through a payment?
Did you know that there is a person in our bank whose job it is to give customers a voice? The Customer Advocate helps understand what customers need and they can escalate issues to the CEO if they think we're not keeping our promises.
Our Customer Advocate team can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by post at:
Head of Customer Advocacy
HSBC Bank Australia Limited
Tower 1 – International Towers Sydney
100 Barangaroo Avenue
Sydney NSW 2000
Access other crisis support
Assistance in your application journey
Applying for a product online may not be the best option for you if:
- you don't know whether this is the right product for you
- you've never had a product like this before
- you've found it hard to use online services
- you find it hard to read or understand English
- you're feeling overwhelmed, distressed or concerned due to tough times
- you'd like to access materials in a different way due to sight or hearing impairments
If that's the case, you can contact us directly instead.
If you decide to go ahead anyway, you can still stop at any time if you:
- are not sure what you need to do to proceed or the things listed on the application form
- would like more support from our staff, or an independent party if needed, to complete your application
- need us to be aware of your situation so we can serve you better
You can get in touch with us on 1300 131 605, from Mondays to Fridays, 8am to 8pm AEST. Or you can find a branch near you.
Please note that we can provide general financial product advice only. This advice isn’t tailored to your goals, financial situation or needs. You can also consider if independent legal advice is right for you.