Why add an additional cardholder
Manage all your spend more easily with one credit card account
An additional cardholder comes at no extra cost
Build your rewards points1 faster (with an eligible credit card)
Effectively manage your spend
By having one account, you can manage your spend more easily and enjoy the convenience of seeing all your purchases in one spot. Also, with one shared spend limit, you are able to budget more effectively as a couple or a family.
See the savings add up
With an additional cardholder, save by not having to pay multiple annual fees for different credit card accounts. By adding an additional card for your family or friends at no extra cost, you save the cost of additional credit card fees.
Supercharge your points earning
Build your points faster by adding the points from the additional cardholder's eligible purchases. With another cardholder earning points you could be on your way to enjoying the rewards that your card brings that much faster.
Who can benefit from an additional credit card?
You can add your family, friends or anyone you like as additional cardholders. It's also a great idea for younger family members to build practical money management skills. Starting them with an additional credit card means they don't need Credit History to apply and you can keep track of their spending habits and purchases to help them manage their spend effectively.
Apply for an additional cardholder
You can add an additional cardholder from the HSBC Mobile Banking app or via desktop
From the HSBC Mobile app
- Log on to HSBC Mobile Banking app
- Select 'Apply now' on the left-hand side menu
- Select 'Credit Cards' and express apply to start the online application form
Download the HSBC Mobile Banking app from the App Store or Google Play.
From your desktop
- Log on to HSBC Online Banking
- Select 'Products and Services' from the top navigation menu
- Select Apply for an additional cardholder and start the online application
For Credit Cards Online Customers
- Log on to Credit Cards Online by clicking on the button below
- Select 'Additional cardholders' under Useful Links to start the online application
Terms and Conditions
Credit provided by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162 Australian Credit Licence 232595. Fees, charges, terms & conditions apply. HSBC's lending criteria apply. Visit hsbc.com.au or call 132 152. HSBC credit card account holders who have previously cancelled their card may be ineligible for this promotional offer.
- HSBC's Credit Card Rewards Terms and Conditions apply (PDF, 132 KB). Points capping limit of 10,000 points per statement period apply. Eligible purchases exclude interest free promotions, balance transfers, cash transfer, business expenses, cash advances, fees or charges, any disputed transactions, BPAY® and any government fee or charge.