HSBC Phone Banking allows you instant access to your accounts, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can use Phone Banking to:
- Report a lost or stolen card
- Activate a credit card or debit card
- Change your existing 6 digit phone banking access code
- Check your account balances
- Review recent transactions
- Check credit card repayments
- Transfer funds, Pay Bills using BPAY® (only available on SMS OTP verification)
- Ask for a statement reprint
- Enquire on fees and charges
- Stop a cheque or enquire on a cheque's status
- Hear your rewards point balance
- Set up direct debit or request for a credit card limit change
- Enquire about Online Banking and Mobile Payment
- Discuss Premier Package, Home Loan or any other HSBC products (Available Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (AEST))
- Apply for a credit card balance transfer, or a new additional card (Available Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (AEST))
To register for Phone Banking you will first need to create a 6 digit Phone Banking Access Code, please contact us using the numbers below and follow the prompts, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To access Phone Banking, please call using your registered mobile number and follow the prompts to verify using either SMS OTP or your 6 digit Phone Banking Access Code.
Phone Banking Options Menu
Access to your account is only a phone call away. HSBC Phone Banking is a fast and easy way to access a full range of automated banking services or to speak to a consultant.
- Customer Services: 1300 308 008 (or +61 2 9005 8220 from overseas)
- HSBC Premier: 1300 301 168 (or +61 2 9005 8192 from overseas)
- Credit Cards:132 152 (or +61 2 9005 8511 from overseas)
Call 1300 308 008 for Banking, 132 152 for Credit Card or 1300 301 168 for HSBC Premier.
You will hear the following prompts:
To report a lost or stolen debit or credit card or to report unusual activity, press star (*) OR
To verify using One Time Password via SMS, Press 1
To use your 6 digit phone banking access code, Press 2
Press 1 to enter the OTP in your keypad once received or press 2 to enter your access code and continue to phone banking as a verified customer.
Hearing or speech impaired?
If you are hearing impaired or find it hard hearing or speaking to people who use a phone, you can speak to us through the National Relay Service (NRS).
- TTY users call NRS on 133 677 (if in Australia) or +61 3 4313 7692 (if calling from overseas) and ask for 1300 308 008; or
- Voice Relay user, call 1300 555 727 (if in Australia) or +61 3 4313 7690 (if calling from overseas) and ask for 1300 308 008.
Please note, you will need to be an Australian resident and have registered with NRS prior to using the service. International call charges will apply if you are calling NRS from overseas.