HSBC Platinum Credit Card
Earn HSBC Rewards Plus points while taking advantage of complimentary extras like 2 Airport lounge passes every year6 and International Travel Insurance7. Plus for a limited time 0% p.a. on purchases for the first 12 months8.
Earn 2 Rewards Plus points on overseas purchases and one Rewards Plus point on all other purchases9
2 Airport Lounge passes per year with complimentary LoungeKey membership6
Complimentary Domestic and International Travel Insurance7
Available to new, approved customers who apply for the HSBC Platinum Credit Card by 31 December 2019. Other fees and charges apply.
Rates & Fees:
- 0% p.a. on purchases for the first 12 months8
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for 12 months (no BT Fee)1
- $129 Annual Fee (refunded when you spend $6,000 or more on purchases per year)2
HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card
$0 Annual Fee in the first year (saving you $79)1
0% p.a. Balance Transfers for 12 months
Earn 1 Qantas Point for every $1 spent, up to $2,500 per statement period
Rates & Fees:
- 0% p.a. for 12 months1
- $0 Annual Fee in the first year (saving you $79)1
HSBC Low Rate Credit Card
Low Interest Rate of just 12.99% p.a.
No overseas transaction fees10
Rates & Fees:
- 0% p.a. interest on Balance Transfers for 20 months1 with 2% BT fee11
- $99 annual card fee
HSBC Premier Credit Card
A minimum $15,000 credit limit4 and 2 Reward Programs
Complimentary insurance benefits
Instant savings at over 4,500 stores, hotels and attractions
Rates & Fees:
- $0 annual fee (HSBC Rewards Plus)
- $15,000 minimum credit limit4
Important support information
Terms & ConditionsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Credit provided by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162 Australian Credit Licence 232595. Offers available to new, approved HSBC credit cardholders who apply by 30 September 2019 for the HSBC Low Rate Credit Card, 31 December 2019 for the HSBC Platinum Credit Card and 31 December 2019 for the HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card. Fees, charges, terms, conditions and HSBC lending criteria apply to all credit cards issued by HSBC. Visit hsbc.com.au or call 132 152. Interest rates are valid at the time of publication and are subject to change.
HSBC Instant Savings terms and conditions apply. Visit terms and conditions (FDF, 58KB) for full details.
- To be eligible for the introductory balance transfer rate, the balance transfer request must be made at the time of applying for the new HSBC credit card. Your total balance transfers must not exceed 90% of your approved credit limit. The interest rate on the balance transfer applies for 20 months for the HSBC Low Rate Credit Card, 12 months for the HSBC Platinum Credit Card and HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card. The balance transfer must be from non-HSBC credit cards. After this period, any balance outstanding from the balance transfer will accrue interest at the cash advance rate (currently 21.99% p.a. for Platinum and Platinum Qantas, 25.99% p.a. for Low Rate as at 15 July 2019 and subject to change). HSBC will allocate payments we receive from you to pay off the portion of your balance which attracts the highest interest rate first and subsequently to portions of your balance attracting lower interest rates. This may mean applying any and all payments made to your HSBC credit card account to pay off other transactions such as purchases and cash advances before any balance transfer amount.
- $129 Annual Fee will be charged on the account within 2 months after the first debit transaction and every 12 months thereafter. The annual fee will be refunded for customers who spend $6,000 on eligible purchases within 12 months from the date the Annual Fee is charged. Refunds will be posted automatically within 30 days of eligible spend criteria being met, if your account is current and in good state. Eligible purchases exclude interest free and other promotions, balance transfers, cash transfers, business expenses, cash advances, fees and charges, any disputed transactions and government fees and charges.
- Qantas Points accrue in accordance with and are subject to the HSBC Qantas Rewards Terms and Conditions. No points are earned on interest free and other promotions, balance transfers, business expenses, cash advances, fees and charges, any disputed transactions, BPAY® and any government fee or charge. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and provide your valid membership number to HSBC in order to earn and redeem points. A joining fee usually applies, however HSBC has arranged for this to be waived for HSBC credit card customers opting in to HSBC Qantas Rewards who are not already Qantas Frequent Flyer members - join by visiting qantas.com/hsbcjoin. Membership and the earning and redemption of points is subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/terms.
- HSBC Premier World Mastercard is based on a minimum credit limit of $15,000. For access to credit limits above this amount, you will need to complete a separate application form. The provision of a credit card is subject to local statutory and regulatory requirements. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. All applications are subject to HSBC's lending criteria.
- To be eligible for this special balance transfer rate, the balance transfer request must be made by completing the online form or calling HSBC. Your account must be current and in good state at the time of processing your request. The interest rate on the balance transfer applied for 15 months at 4.99% p.a. and must be from non-HSBC credit cards. After this period any balance outstanding from the balance transfer will accrue interest at the variable cash advance rate (currently 25.99% p.a. as at 15-Jan-18). HSBC will allocate payments we receive from you to pay off the portion of your balance which attracts the highest interest rate first and subsequently to portions of your balance attracting lower interest rates. This may mean applying any and all payments made to your HSBC credit card account to pay off other transactions such as purchases and cash advances before any balance transfer amount. Full balance transfer terms and conditions (PDF, 241KB) apply.
- Airport Lounge Passes terms and conditions apply. Visit View HSBC credit cards terms and conditions for full details.
- Insurance policies are issued by AWP Australia Pty Ltd Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177(AFSL No. 245631) trading as Allianz Global Assistance (under a binder from Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 (AFSL No. 124708) and HSBC Bank Australia Limited (ABN 48 006 434 162) (AFSL 232595). Terms and conditions For HSBC insurance policies, limits and exclusions apply and available at www.hsbc.com.au. An excess may apply. HSBC does not issue these insurances and does not receive commissions on these policies or guarantee any benefits under this cover. HSBC has entered into master policies for the benefit of cardholders. The cover provided is at no additional cost to cardholders. This document provides general information only and does not take into account what you currently have, want or need for your financial future. You should consider these matters and read the Information Booklet available at hsbc.com.au or by calling 1800 648 093.
- The 0% p.a. promotional interest rate on purchases is valid for 12 months from the date of card approval. At the end of the 12 month period, the interest rate will revert to the standard variable purchase interest rate for your account at that time. Only available to Platinum applications received between 1 May 2019 and 31 October 2019. Only available on the HSBC Platinum Credit Card. Offer is not available when transferring your account from another HSBC credit card account or in conjunction with any other HSBC credit card offer (including any credit card offers available to HSBC Home Loan customers, HSBC Staff or the HSBC Corporate Employee Program).
- HSBC’s Credit Card Rewards Terms and Conditions apply. (PDF, 132 KB). Points capping limit of 10,000 points per statement period apply. Eligible purchases exclude interest free promotions, balance transfers, cash transfer, business expenses, cash advances, fees or charges, any disputed transactions, BPAY® and any government fee or charge.
- An overseas transaction charge is normally payable when you make a transaction on your account in a currency other than Australian dollars, or you make a transaction on your account in any currency (including Australian dollars) that is processed/billed by either the merchant or its financial institution/payment processor outside of Australia.
- The Balance Transfer Fee will be calculated as a percentage of the balance being transferred to your HSBC credit card account. This fee will be applied at the time the balance is transferred and forms part of your total outstanding balance.