Why choose a Term Deposit account?
Fixed interest rate, minimum balance AUD$5000
Select the terms to suit you ranging from 1 month to 5 years
Rates & Fees:
- $0 establishment and ongoing fees
- $30 AUD early withdrawal administration fee
- Interest reduction for early termination1
Ways to open:
Branch, Online (for existing account holders)
Features & Benefits
Fixed Rates and Terms
Have the certainty of a fixed interest rate with a minimum balance of AUD$5,000. HSBC Term Deposits of up to $250,000 are covered by the Financial Claims Scheme.
Terms range from as short as 1 month to a long as 5 years. Choose an interest payment frequency to suit your needs: monthly, quarterly, annually or at maturity.
Important Information: There is no maximum Term Deposit amount. If no re-investment instructions have been received HSBC will auto roll the Term Deposit for the same period, at the prevailing rate for that day. Fees and charges apply if the Term Deposit is broken mid-term, refer to the 'Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms (PDF, 1.10 MB)' for full details.
As an existing HSBC customer, you can open an HSBC Term Deposit instantly online within HSBC Online Banking for terms 1 to 12 months
This product has a fixed term. If you wish to withdraw the funds from the Term Deposit account prior to maturity, you will need to provide 31 days' notice (except in certain cases of hardship). An early withdrawal administration fee and interest reduction will apply. See our Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms (PDF 1.10MB)
Build your savings
- Choose for your interest to be re-invested or paid into your account including the ability to re-invest partial interest only
- Competitive interest rates
- No account or application fees
- Choose an interest payment frequency to suit your needs: monthly, quarterly, annually or at maturity
- Also available in major foreign currencies
Other fees and charges may apply.
Apply for a Term Deposit Account
Existing HSBC Online Banking customers
Log on to Online Banking and complete the application form
Not an HSBC Customer?
If you currently don't already have an HSBC account visit your local branch to open a Term Deposit
Make an online enquiry
Call us today or visit a branch
How do I withdraw funds from my term deposit account prior to maturity?
Terms & Conditions
You should tell us what you want to do with your term deposit at least 2 business days before its maturity date. If you do not, we will renew the deposit for the same term at the applicable interest rate on the date of maturity. If the term deposit automatically renews, you may receive a lower interest rate on the new term deposit than the original interest rate earned. Please refer to our standard interest rates.
- In the event you would like to withdraw your funds prior to maturity, you will need to provide 31 days' notice. If you withdraw the funds before the end of the fixed term, the interest you receive for that deposit will only be 50% of the interest that you are entitled to, up to the date you are making the withdrawal. An administration fee will apply.
- Any special offer applies for a single term only. Different rates may apply for subsequent terms. This special offer is not available in conjunction with any other bonus interest or special rates offered on HSBC Term Deposits.
Other banking services fees and charges may apply. Please refer to the Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms (PDF, 1.10 MB). This advertisement provides general advice only and doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider the Personal Banking Booklet (PDF,1.5MB), Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms (PDF,1.10MB). and Financial Services Guide (PDF, 906 KB) before acquiring this product, available by calling 1300 308 008, at your local branch or www.hsbc.com.au. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. AFSL 232595.