Allianz Landlord Insurance
A residential investment property needs to be appropriately insured. Landlord insurance can give you the confidence that your property will be covered should something go wrong. Allianz Landlord Insurance through HSBC Bank Australia Limited covers the property and/or the contents you provide for your tenant's use from loss or damage by insured events.
To help you decide the cover you need, here's a brief outline of the difference between Buildings and Contents cover:
Buildings: designed to cover the physical structures that make up your property, like the house itself, garage, sheds, permanently installed swimming pools and decks.
Contents: designed to cover items at your property – from furniture, removable domestic appliances and white goods which belong to you as the landlord and that you have provided for the use of your tenant. It also covers your carpets and window furnishings.
- Cover your investment property from insured events
- Save up to 10% on your first year's premium when you quote and buy a new policy online2, 3
- Pay by the month at no extra cost4
Features and Benefits
The better you understand your policy, the easier it will be if you ever have to claim.
Here is a limited summary of the benefits of a landlord insurance policy. For full details of the standard terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply please read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), any applicable supplementary PDS before making a decision to purchase the insurance. The Landlord Buildings and Landlord Contents Key Fact Sheets (KFS) also sets out some information about the cover
- Cover for the unexpectedAllianz offers cover for your investment property for out of the ordinary but devastating events such as fire1, storm1 and burglary.
- Legal liabilityAllianz will cover your legal liability up to $20 million for payment of compensation relating to death, bodily injury or illness, and/or physical loss of or damage to property caused by an accident (or series of accidents). If you have contents cover only, it does not cover any legal liability you may incur as owner of the buildings unless the buildings are defined as a lot.
- Making your buildings environmentally friendlyIf you have buildings cover and your buildings are totally destroyed and need to be rebuilt, in addition to your buildings sum insured, Allianz will pay up to $5,000 (after deduction of any government or council rebates) to help you make the new buildings more environmentally friendly.
- Landlords contents
Allianz will pay for repair or replacement of contents you own and provide for your tenant's use as a result of an insured event.
If you have buildings cover only, Allianz will pay up to the lesser of $10,000 or the remainder of the sum insured after payment of the buildings claim, for certain landlord's contents under this additional benefit
- Rental costs after an insured eventIf your buildings are damaged by an insured event and can't be lived in by your tenant, or access to or use of the buildings is not possible for at least 7 days after an insured event Allianz will pay for your loss of rent on the buildings for up to 12 months if you have buildings cover or if your building is part of a strata title development and you have contents cover only.
- Rebuilding and professional feesIf you have buildings cover and you need to rebuild your buildings after total loss or damage. Allianz will help pay the reasonable costs of architects, engineers, surveyors and solicitors up to $5,000.
- Debris removalIf you have contents cover, Allianz will pay up to 10% of the building and/or contents sum insured for removing debris from your insured address if your buildings are damaged or destroyed by an insured event.
- Contents in the open air at the insured addressIf you have contents cover, Allianz will cover contents in the open air (that you own and that you have provided for your tenants use) which have been lost or damaged by an insured event covered by your policy, up to a maximum amount of $1000.
- 24/7 online claims lodgementWhen you need to make a claim Allianz are there for you with 24 hour claims lodgement available online, or you can call the claims line to commence the claims process over the phone.
Get a quote for Landlord Insurance
To lodge a Landlord insurance claim
Online, any time
- Secure form
- No phone queues
- Immediate confirmation number for your reference
Over the phone - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week claims service
You can call claims on 1300 555 030 and a consultant will help you commence the claims process
If you purchased home or landlord insurance between 16 November 2020 - 21 February 2021 or renewed between 9 January 2021 - 4 April 2021, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statements, any applicable supplementary PDS and Buildings or Contents Key Fact Sheet/s.
If you purchased home or landlord insurance before 16 November 2020 or renewed before 9 January 2021, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statements, any applicable supplementary PDS and Buildings or Contents Key Fact Sheet/s.
Terms & Conditions
What online access will I have with Pepper Money?
How can I access my historic home loan statements?
What fees and charges will be applicable when my loan transfers to Pepper Money?
- 72 hour exclusion period
We may not provide cover for any loss or damage to your property caused by cyclone, grassfires and bushfires during the first 72 hours after you first purchase a policy or increase your cover under an existing policy. Refer to PDS for when exclusion periods apply.
- Online discount
When you quote and buy a new home insurance policy online a discount of up to 10% is applied to your first years premium including the following optional covers (if selected); Accidental damage, Flood, Motor Burnout and Portable Contents. This discount is not applied on renewal.
- Minimum premiums
If you are eligible for more than one discount, Allianz applies them in a predetermined order. This means any subsequent discount will be applied to the reduced premium amount after applying any prior discounts and the effect of the subsequent discount will be reduced. For example, the aggregate effect of applying two 10% discounts consecutively means that you will not see the full benefit of both these discounts.
Discounts do not apply to taxes or government charges.
Discounts do not apply to optional covers for Domestic workers' compensation / Landlord workers' compensation, and may not apply to other optional covers (if available and selected).
Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and may only apply to the extent that any minimum premium is not reached.
- Instalment premiums
If you choose to pay your premium by instalments, you do not pay us any more than if you pay your premium in one lump sum annually. The premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding. Note: Your financial institution may apply transaction fees to instalment payments.