Why choose a car loan from HSBC?
Have your heart set on a new car? Or have you been looking longingly at a second hand one?
Whatever you’re after, give yourself the best chance to get a great deal with pre-arranged finance.
By getting your Car Loan sorted first, you’ll have your finance secured so you can negotiate more confidently when buying your new car. You’ll know what your spending limit is, what your repayments will be each month, and you’ll be able to drive away faster. Borrow what you need, from $5,000 to $50,000 with flexible loans terms from 1 – 5 years.
^Comparison rate warning applies
Receive funds in 4 easy steps
- Get your rate in a minute – Enter your details to get a personalised rate. This will not impact your credit score.
- Apply Online – Tell us how much you want to borrow and complete the application.
- Verify yourself online – We can verify your identity and upload your documents online.
- Receive the funds – Funds will be released to your account the next day upon approval of the loan and acceptance of your letter of offer.
Get a personalised interest rate
|Fixed interest rate
||from 8.50% p.a. to 16.99% p.a.1
||from 9.06% p.a. to 17.53% p.a.
|Monthly account servicing fee
|Early termination fee
Fixed interest rate
from 8.50% p.a. to 16.99% p.a.1
from 9.06% p.a. to 17.53% p.a.
Monthly account servicing fee
Early termination fee
Fees apply for other account services. Please refer to our current Personal Banking Booklet (PDF, 1.50 MB) for full details.
Ready to apply for an HSBC Car Loan?
Who can apply
- Must be over 18 and be an Australian resident
- Earn at least $40,000 p.a.
- Have a good credit rating
- Address details
- Income and employment
What to expect
- Complete a short form to know if you are eligible & get your personalised rate
- Get an instant response in 60 seconds
- Track application and upload documents online
Car Loan FAQ’s
What is the interest rate on an HSBC Car Loan?
The interest rate on an HSBC Car Loan is personalised. When you apply online, you will receive an indicative interest rate on your car finance.
Fixed Interest Rate from 8.50% p.a. to 16.99% p.a.
Comparison Rate from 9.06% p.a. to 17.53% p.a.
The comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 over the term of 5 years.
Fees apply for other account services. Please refer to our current fees and charges guide for full details.
What are the fees associated with an HSBC Car Loan?
The following fees apply to an HSBC Car Loan:
- $150 Establishment Fee.
- $5 Monthly Servicing Fee.
- Early Termination1 Fee.
These fees are applied to the loan balance and form part of your fixed monthly repayment.
How long does it take to apply for an HSBC Car Loan?
You can apply online in around 10 minutes. You will then receive a response in around 60 seconds along with your indicative Car Loan interest rate.
How quickly will I receive the funds once my Car Loan is approved?
The funds from your Car Loan finance are credited to your nominated account within 2-3 business days from the day your Car Loan gets approved.
How much do I need to earn to apply for an HSBC Car Loan?
To apply for an HSBC Car Loan you need to be earning over $40,000 p.a. and have a good credit rating. You will also need to be over 18 years old and an Australian resident.
Let's get your application started
To get your indicative personalised interest rate.
complete a short form
Want a callback?
Complete the online enquiry form and one of our
Consultants will call you back within 2 business days.
Apply by phone or branch
You might be interested in
Make your special day even more memorable with the freedom and flexibility of a wedding loan.
A holiday loan will see your vacation really take off with competitive rates on a super flexible loan.
Terms & Conditions
Credit provided by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162 Australian Credit Licence 232595. Fees, charges, terms & conditions apply. HSBC's lending criteria apply. Visit hsbc.com.au or call 132 152.
^The comparison rate is based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 over the term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
- Rates are applicable to new applications and are subject to change. Interest rates range from 8.50% p.a. to 16.99% p.a. and is based on the applicant’s individual Equifax Score Band and may be different to the lowest advertised interest rate. Early termination fee does not apply in the last 6 months of the loan term.
HSBC have partnered with Equifax who is an Australian consumer credit reporting body. When obtaining your Equifax Score band, a soft credit check is performed which will not impact your credit rating.