A step-by-step guide to activating your new credit card
When your new credit card arrives, you'll need to activate it before you can use it. Sign the back of your card and choose one of two easy ways to activate it:
If you haven't already, first download the HSBC AU mobile app on your mobile device and then follow he steps below.
- Log into your account on the HSBC AU mobile app.
- Tap on your new credit card from the account summary page.
- Tap 'Manage' just below the card details to open the options menu.
- Select 'Activate Credit Card' and enter the 16-digit card number followed by the card expiry date and the date of birth of the primary card holder.
- Submit and your card will be activated instantly.
If you are registered for online banking it's easy to activate your card online. Just follow these steps:
- Log onto online banking.
- Select your credit card account.
- Select 'Manage your account' and 'Activate card' and follow the steps to activate your card.
- Enter your card number.
- Follow the prompts to register your account for our automated banking services (if you're not already registered).
- Once registered, select the card activation option and follow the prompts. Your HSBC credit card will be ready to use as soon as you're done.
Activate my credit card
Log onto Online Banking to activate your credit card now.