HSBC Everyday Global Account
Who is the HSBC Everyday Global Account suited to?
How do I add a currency to my Everyday Global Account?
Why choose HSBC for foreign currency?
Can I transact and withdraw cash in other currencies besides the 10 available in the Everyday Global Account?
What is the control currency?
What is the benefit of having other currencies in my Everyday Global Account?
HSBC Everyday Extras
Do I have to open an HSBC Everyday Global Account to receive the HSBC Everyday Extras benefits?
Is there any minimum balance or balance maintenance required to qualify for Everyday Extras?
Can I qualify for HSBC Everyday Extras on my joint Everyday Global Account?
How will I know when I can start getting the 2% cashback?
How long will it take to receive the cashback in my account after I tap and pay?
This month I have already earned $49 cashback, what will happen on my next tap and pay?
I still have unused cap for this month, can I roll it over to next month?
Terms & Condition
- Non-HSBC branded ATMs and HSBC Group ATMs in Argentina, France, Greece, Malta, Mexico and Turkiye may charge an ATM operator fee for withdrawals or balance enquiries at their ATMs.
- HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, CNY, HKD, CAD, NZD, JPY, CHF, SGD, AED, DKK, MXN, NOK, SAR, SEK, THB and ZAR when using HSBC Online or Mobile Banking for transfer between HSBC Australia accounts and international transfers within currency cut-off times.
HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply when the foreign exchange (FX) market is open. When the FX market is closed on weekends (that is from the US market closing time on Friday to the Asia market opening time on Monday), the HSBC real time exchange rate is priced off the exchange rate applying at the time the US market closed plus an additional weekend margin.
The HSBC Real Time Exchange Rate will not apply on currency holidays, on NSW and US public holidays, to transfers in currencies not listed above and to transfers outside of HSBC Australia entered after currency cut-off times. Instead, the HSBC Daily Exchange Rate, which is set and refreshed every 30 minutes daily from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (excluding weekends and NSW public holidays) will apply.
For future dated transactions via HSBC Online or Mobile Banking, the HSBC Daily Exchange Rate on the future date of the transaction will apply.
HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for Global Transfers between your HSBC Accounts. For transfers in unsupported currencies using Global Transfers, the receiving country's daily exchange rate will apply and currency cut-off times of the receiving country may also apply. For future dated transactions using Global Transfers, the HSBC Real Time Exchange Rate on the future date of the transaction will apply when the FX market is open.
Transfer and correspondent banking fees may apply for transfers outside of HSBC Australia.
FX transactions are subject to foreign exchange risk associated with exchange rate movements. HSBC accounts should not be used for speculative FX purposes.
- Where a currency is not one of the listed currencies available on the Everyday Global Account or in the restricted currency CNY, the funds will be deducted from the AUD account and ATM withdrawals will be automatically converted into the local currency at the Visa exchange rate.
- HSBC Everyday Extras is a feature of the HSBC Everyday Global Account. To continue to be eligible to receive Everyday Extras you will need to deposit AUD2,000 or more into your HSBC Everyday Global Account before the last day of each calendar month. Refer to the Transactions and Savings Account Terms for full T&Cs.
- Terms and conditions apply to the use of Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- You will earn 2% cashback on eligible purchases under $100 when you tap and pay with Visa payWave, Apple Pay or Google Pay™. This will be paid into your Everyday Global Account with the maximum cashback you can earn being $50 per calendar month. Eligible purchases must be made in Australian Dollars and where the merchant or its financial institution/ payment processor is registered in Australia. Purchases which are excluded for cashback include business, gambling and government transactions (including public transport). For the full exclusion list, refer to the Transaction and Savings Account Terms.