How we use your information
The App is provided by HSBC Global Services (UK) Limited and all products and services accessed via the App are provided by HSBC Bank Australia Limited.
You can contact our Privacy Officer about how we have handled your information by writing to the Privacy Officer, HSBC Bank Australia Ltd, GPO Box 5302, Sydney NSW 2001, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Protecting your data
We try to protect your personal data against unauthorised or accidental access or processing by using a range of measures, which may include encryption and other forms of security.
We'll take all practicable steps to ensure that your information will not be kept longer than necessary and in line with our data retention policy. For example, we normally keep your main banking information for a period of seven years from when our relationship with you ends. We may need to keep your information where we need the information to comply with regulatory or legal requirements, help detect or prevent fraud and financial crime, answer requests from regulators etc. If we no longer need to keep your information, we may destroy or delete it.
- Information on when and where you downloaded or updated the App - We record information about when and where you downloaded the App together with the timestamp of when an installation of the App began, the App's version at the time when it was first installed and whether you have interacted with the App in the past 7 days. This data is used at an aggregate level to help us understand how many users are downloading, updating and removing the App.
- Biometric information - You can use biometrics authentication (like fingerprints or facial recognition) to logon to our App. If you do so, we rely on your device's technology to authenticate you and we do not collect or store your underlying biometric data.
- Your location - Allows us to detect your approximate location to help you to locate your closest branch.
- Push notification settings - This allows you to receive instant notifications from our App about activity on your account.
- Mobile data/ Wi-Fi - This allows us to use your internet connection to access our digital banking systems.