When you apply for a personal loan, you want it to be as quick and easy as possible. After all, you may have a car to buy, a wedding to plan or a holiday to take.
With HSBC you can:
- apply securely online in 10 minutes.
- get a response in 60 seconds.
- track your application and upload any additional documents.
Before you apply, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- be over 18 years old.
- be an Australian resident.
- earn over $40,000 a year.
- have a good credit rating.
There are lots of different loans available. Before you apply, think about:
- how much you would like to borrow.
- how long your loan term will be (can be between 1-5 years).
- the terms and conditions – read them carefully to make sure it is suitable for you.
Details and documents, you should have ready
- your driver's licence (if you have one) or a form of ID (such as your passport).
- your address details.
How to apply for an HSBC Personal Loan online
1. Get your credit score and indicative personalised interest rate
Filling out this short form will give you an idea of how much you could be allowed to borrow. It takes less than a minute.
2. Upload your details
After you complete the form, you will be taken to the HSBC Personal Loan application form, where you'll submit your details and get a full credit check.
Depending on the type of loan you want and the amount you want to borrow, you might need to provide different documents.
Documents you might need to upload:
- your employment details.
- proof of income.
- details of your living expenses.
- your assets, such as your home, your car, shares and savings.
- your debts, such as home loans, personal loans, credit cards.
You will also need to enter the details for the bank account you want the funds to be transferred to.
3. Get verified
We'll verify the information you've given us. You'll be able to track the status of your application online.
If your loan is approved, we'll send you a confirmation email or a letter. You'll receive your funds a couple of days later.