A savings balance of $150,000+.
This does not include funds held in a mortgage offset account.
Regular money in totalling $9,000+ in deposits per month.
This includes funds paid into any HSBC Australia transaction account, savings account, mortgage offset account or home loan account. It excludes funds deposited in foreign currency and funds transferred from another HSBC Australia account, including from another HSBC customer.
For both options, existing Premier customers as at 30 November 2020 have until 30 April 2021 to qualify under the new Premier eligibility criteria. Provided you qualify before this date, you will retain your Premier status. This status entitles you to a range of benefits set out in the Premier Service Guide.
To retain your Premier status after 30 April 2021, you will need to ensure that you meet at least one of the above Premier eligibility criteria and hold a HSBC Everyday Global Account before that date.^ If you fail to meet the criteria for 6 months consecutively then your Premier status will be removed.
^ Excludes International Premier and Jade, Commercial Relationship and Private Banking Clients. Once you reach your 75th birthday, you will maintain your Premier status, as long as you remain a HSBC customer.
Everyday Global Account
To be eligible for HSBC Premier status, you will also need to have an Everyday Global Account. If you do not already have one you can log on and apply in a few short steps.
Premier eligibility FAQs
$35 monthly Premier Service Fee removed from 30 November 2020
This means the fee will no longer be charged to a customer's Premier Cash Management Accounts each month.
New Home Loan Package
Premier Home Loans will no longer be available for new borrowing from 19 November 2020.
Premier customers will be eligible for a 50% discount on the new $390 annual Home Loan Package Fee*. The fee is being waived for the first year for customers being migrated to the new Home Loan Package, regardless of whether they retain their premier status or not.
The Home Loan Package Annual Fee entitles customers taking out new home loans of $150,000 or more to:
- a discounted interest rate
- $0 settlement fee
- $0 establishment fee
- $0 valuation fee**
Only one Home Loan Package fee will apply for customers that have more than one home loan in the same borrower name.
The Home Loan Package is available on the Standard Variable, Home Equity, Home Smart and Fixed Rate Home Loans.
* Discounted Home Loan Package fee is based on an applicant's customer number.
** Standard valuations only
Home Loan Package FAQs
Premier Discounts no longer available for new loans and insurance policies from 30 November 2020
- HSBC Personal Loan discounted interest rates will not be available for new Personal Loans.
- General Insurance Premier discounts will not be available for new General Insurance policies.
These changes only apply to new policies from 30 November 2020 and do not apply to Premier customers with an existing Personal Loan or General Insurance Policy.
The Benefits of HSBC Premier
Enjoy access to a dedicated Premier Relationship Manager6
A dedicated HSBC Premier 24-hour phone banking service provides preferential access
Access to Global Transfer for instant transfers between your international and domestic HSBC Premier accounts 24/7
Open HSBC Premier accounts in other countries and link accounts
Automatic Premier status in 29 markets with access to over 350 Premier Centres worldwide
The Premier Services Guide provides an outline of all the benefits and services available to you.
Terms & conditions
# HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for AUD, USD, EUR, GBP, CNY, HKD, CAD, NZD, JPY, CHF, SGD, AED, DKK, MXN, NOK, SAR, SEK, THB and ZAR when using HSBC Online or Mobile Banking for transfer between HSBC Australia accounts and international transfers within currency cut-off times.
HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply when the foreign exchange (FX) market is open. When the FX market is closed on weekends (that is from the US market closing time on Friday to the Asia market opening time on Monday), the HSBC real time exchange rate is priced off the exchange rate applying at the time the US market closed plus an additional weekend margin.
The HSBC Real Time Exchange Rate will not apply on currency holidays, on NSW and US public holidays, to transfers in currencies not listed above and to transfers outside of HSBC Australia entered after currency cut-off times. Instead, the HSBC Daily Exchange Rate, which is set and refreshed every 30 minutes daily from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (excluding weekends and NSW public holidays) will apply.
For future dated transactions via HSBC Online or Mobile Banking, the HSBC Daily Exchange Rate on the future date of the transaction will apply.
HSBC Real Time Exchange Rates will apply for Global Transfers between your HSBC Accounts. For transfers in unsupported currencies using Global Transfers, the receiving country‘s daily exchange rate will apply and currency cut-off times of the receiving country may also apply. For future dated transactions using Global Transfers, the HSBC Real Time Exchange Rate on the future date of the transaction will apply when the FX market is open.
Transfer and correspondent banking fees may apply for transfers outside of HSBC Australia.
FX transactions are subject to foreign exchange risk associated with exchange rate movements. HSBC accounts should not be used for speculative FX purposes.
- Eligibility criteria for HSBC Premier applies and is set out in the HSBC Premier Service Guide. Eligibility criteria remains at HSBC's absolute discretion. Terms, conditions and other restrictions apply. The HSBC Premier privileges set out above are current and are subject to change. Other fees and charges, terms and conditions apply.
- Other Banking service fees and charges may apply.
- You will earn 2% cashback on eligible purchases under $100 when you tap and pay with Visa payWave, Apple Pay or Google Pay™. This will be paid into your Everyday Global Account with the maximum cashback you can earn being $50 per calendar month. Eligible purchases must be made in Australian Dollars and where the merchant or its financial institution/ payment processor is registered in Australia. Purchases which are excluded for cashback include business, gambling and government transactions (including public transport). For the full exclusion list, refer to the Transaction and Savings Account Terms.
- Non HSBC ATM owners/operators may charge an ATM Operator Fee for withdrawals or balance enquiries at their ATMs.
- Terms and conditions apply to the use of Apple Pay and Google Pay. Excludes HSBC Corporate Cards.
- A dedicated Relationship Manager will be allocated to Premier customers who meet the local HSBC Australia Premier eligibility requirements as set out in the HSBC Premier Service Guide.
- HSBC Everyday Extras is a feature of the HSBC Everyday Global Account. To continue to be eligible to receive Everyday Extras you will need to deposit AUD2,000 or more into your HSBC Everyday Global Account before the last day of each calendar month. Refer to the Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms and Personal Banking Booklet for full T&Cs.
The HSBC Everyday Global Account was awarded the Canstar 5-Star Rating for Outstanding Value – Travel Debit Card in September 2018/2019/2020 and Outstanding Value – Transaction Account April/Oct 2020, the Rate City Gold Award for 'Best Bank Account' May 2020 and the Finder Award for 'Best Transaction Account' September 2020 and the Canstar Bank of the Year - Everyday Banking 2020.
This advertisement provides general advice only and doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider the Transaction and Savings Accounts Terms and Financial Services Guide before acquiring this product, available by calling 1300 131 605, at your local branch or www.hsbc.com.au. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162. AFSL 232595.