Are all the features from the old app available on the new one?
Majority of features are available on the new HSBC Australia App, however as we continue to improve the app there are a few that will be rolled out with time, along with other improvements. Features not available on the app can still be accessed via Online Banking, including:
- Setting up a recurring BPAY
- Edit future/recurring payment
- International Telegraphic Transfer + Local Telegraphic Transfer (Includes payment to a saved international or local payee)
- Setting up a future dated/recurring International Telegraphic Transfer
- Term Deposit opening
- Setting up a recurring future dated/recurring Global Transfer
What's to come?
We are working hard to continuously upgrade the app and improve the features we offer. We'll notify you with any exciting changes as soon as they become available.
I'm being prompted to download a new HSBC Australia mobile banking App. Is this a real HSBC App?
Yes. We have a new HSBC Australia Mobile Banking App.
Do I have to upgrade to the new HSBC Mobile Banking App?
Sooner or later we will migrate all customers to the new app, so why not make the change now and enjoy the new functionality.
What about the old HSBC Mobile Banking App?
If you have HSBC accounts with other countries, you should continue to use the existing HSBC Mobile Banking app to access those accounts until you are prompted otherwise. However, you can still download the new HSBC Australia mobile banking app to access and use your Australian accounts.
Why can't I just update the existing app? Why do I need to download a separate app?
The new HSBC Australia Mobile Banking App was re-designed and built from the ground up. It is faster and allows for new features to be added more frequently. The new app is specifically made to address our Australian customers' banking needs.
What are the device requirements needed to use the new app?
iOS 12 and later, or Android 6.0 and later.
What will be transferred as part of my security settings?
Your digital secure key, biometrics and your saved username if you have selected to have it saved on your device.
Forgotten your username or password?
To retrieve your username: Please call our Contact Centre
To retrieve your password: Please log on to Online Banking and the select 'Forgotten your password' from the navigation menu. Follow the prompts to reset your password.
I have noticed a difference in the BSB and Account number format, between the HSBC Australia Mobile Banking App and Online Banking. Why is this the case?
We are making your BSB and Account Number easier to understand. Our HSBC Australia Mobile Banking App will be the first channel to have this change implemented and our other platforms will reflect this change from January 2020. We've made the change to make it more convenient for you to see your bank account information at a glance.
Please follow these steps to set up your HSBC Australia Mobile Banking App manually.
Before you start, you will need the following information:
- Your Username (The unique ID you chose when registering for Online Banking).
- Your Online Banking password, not your digital secure key password.
Manual Mobile Banking Set Up Process:
- Open the new HSBC Australia Mobile Banking App.
- On the Welcome to new app screen select 'Skip', when asked to transfer settings from the old HSBC Mobile Banking (If the welcome banner is no longer displayed, please delete and reinstall the new App).
- On the next page select 'Don't ask again'.
- Enter your user name on the log on page. Select 'Remember me' if you'd like the App to save it.
- Enter your Online Banking Password. (If you can't remember your password, click the 'information' icon and you will be redirected to the HSBC website. Follow the prompts to reset your password).
- If you already have a digital secure key, you will be prompted to switch it to the new App/device.
- Select "Switch to this device".
- You will be asked enter a security code. Go to the old app, Select 'Generate Security code' icon from App landing page and generate a 'Log on security code'.
- Enter the code from the old app on the new App.
- Follow the prompts on the screen to switch your digital secure key to the new App.
- Once done, log on to the new app using the digital secure key password you just set up.
- You will be prompted to enable Face ID/Touch ID access if you have an eligible device. Follow the prompts.
- You are all set up on the HSBC Australia's New Mobile Banking App.
Terms & conditions
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
® Registered to BPAY Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
This advertisement doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider these matters and read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) before you make a decision. A copy of the PDS is available at hsbc.com.au, by visiting a branch or calling 1300 308 008.