Rewards Plus FAQs
Is a rewards program available with my credit card with HSBC?
The type rewards program depends on which credit card you have with HSBC. The following rewards programs are available
- Classic Rewards Plus1
- Platinum Rewards Plus1 or HSBC Qantas Rewards2
- Premier Rewards Plus1 or HSBC Qantas Rewards2
The HSBC Low Rate Credit Card does not have a rewards program.
However, all of our credit cards include access to our home&Away Privilege Program, accessed through the HSBC MyOffers page, delivering Instant Rewards in over 40 countries just by simply using your card.
What does the Rewards Plus Program offer me?
HSBC's Rewards Plus Program1 lets you collect valuable Rewards Plus Points for every dollar you spend. You can redeem Rewards Plus Points on a wide range of Rewards including:
- Travel rewards
- eGift Cards
- Financial Rebates
Find out more about HSBC's Rewards Plus Program.
I have an HSBC Premier Credit card, what is the difference between the two Reward Programs?
If you have an HSBC Premier Credit Card, you have the option of choosing between HSBC Rewards Plus and HSBC Qantas Rewards.
HSBC Rewards Plus
- $0 Annual Fee
- Earn 1 HSBC Rewards Point for every dollar spent on eligible domestic purchases1 and 1.5 HSBC Rewards Points on eligible international purchases. Redeem for a range of shopping, travel and merchandise rewards
- HSBC Premier Rewards for Miles - you can choose to transfer points to leading airline rewards programs, including Velocity Frequent Flyer, AsiaMiles™, and Singapore Airlines' KrisFlyer
- 10,000 points cap per statement cycle
HSBC Qantas Rewards
- $99 Annual Fee
- Earn 1 Qantas Point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases2
- Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership joining fee offer3 (saving you $89.50)
- 10,000 points cap per statement cycle
How many Rewards Plus Points do I earn for every dollar I spend?
If your HSBC credit card is linked to the Rewards Plus Program, you will earn 1 Rewards Plus Point for every dollar you spend on eligible purchases.
HSBC Premier Credit Card holders earn 1 HSBC Rewards Plus Point for every dollar spent on eligible domestic purchases and 1.5 HSBC Rewards Plus Points for every dollar spent on eligible international purchases.
New HSBC Platinum Credit Card holders earn 1 HSBC Rewards Plus Point for every dollar spent on eligible domestic purchases and 2 HSBC Rewards Plus Points for every dollar spent on eligible international purchases.
You will not earn Rewards Plus Points on ineligible transactions such as interest free and other promotions, balance transfers, cash transfers, business expenses, cash advances, fees and charges, disputed transactions, BPAY® and any government fee or charge. Terms, conditions and capping limits apply.
How can I check my Rewards Plus Points balance?
Is there a limit on the number of Rewards Plus Points I can earn each year?
There is a limit on the number of Rewards Plus Points you can receive in a 12-month period, as shown below:
- Classic 10,000 points cap per statement cycle
- Platinum 10,000 points cap per statement cycle
- Platinum Qantas 7,500 points cap per statement cycle
- Premier 10,000 points cap per statement cycle
- Premier Qantas 10,000 points cap per statement cycle
How long do my HSBC Rewards Plus points and Qantas Frequent Flyer points last before they expire?
HSBC Rewards Plus points on all HSBC Rewards Plus Programs expire 36 months after issue.
If your HSBC Rewards Plus points are about to expire you will be reminded in your statement. Please look out for this at the bottom of your transaction summary.
For Qantas Frequent Flyer points, points will not expire as long as you earn or use points (excluding family transfers) through your Qantas Frequent Flyer account at least once every 18 months. This includes earning or using points with our program partners. The time period starts from the date of your last activity (in the case of earning points on eligible flights that is the date the flight was taken).
How do I redeem a Reward?
Redeeming your Rewards Plus Points is easy. Simply redeem online when you log in at www.hsbc.com.au/rewards/redeem/ or call 132 152 and follow the prompts (1300 301 168 for HSBC Premier Card holders).
If you are redeeming an eGift Card, you will need to make sure that HSBC has your email address. To check or update your email address, you can log on to Online Banking, click on "My Banking" from the top navigation bar and click on "Update Personal Details" under My Profile. Alternatively, you can visit an HSBC branch or call our Contact Centre.
How long will it take to get my redeemed Reward?
Most Rewards will be delivered within 14 days, however you should allow up to 28 days to receive your Reward. If you have redeemed an eGift Card, you should receive the eGift Card to your email within 5 business days.
Do I get any other benefits with my credit card with HSBC?
Yes, depending on which credit card with HSBC you hold, you can access additional benefits.
What are HSBC Premier Rewards for Miles?
Redeem your HSBC Premier Rewards Points for miles with leading travel reward partners!
Our best-in-class Rewards Program now offers Premier customers Rewards for Miles.
This enables you to redeem your HSBC Premier Rewards Points for miles with participating travel reward partners including Velocity Frequent Flyer, AsiaMiles™, and Singapore Airlines' KrisFlyer
What should I do if I have not received my eGift Card reward?
Can I access the eGift Card via my Mobile Wallet?
Yes, most merchant eGift Cards are available on Apple Pay4 and Google PayTM, except for David Jones, Bunnings, Uber/Uber Eats, Apple iTunes and Webjet.
If you are using an Apple iPhone, Apple Wallet is already built-in to the device. If you are using an Android device, please download Android Pay at Google Play store.
What should I do if I cannot open the eGift Card in the web browser?
Please try and open in alternative browsers such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and ensure that the browser is the latest version.
Terms & ConditionsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
- Rewards Plus Program Terms and Conditions and points capping limits apply.
- Qantas Points accrue in accordance with and subject to the HSBC Qantas Rewards Terms and Conditions. No points are earned on balance transfers, cash advances and other ineligible transactions. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and provide your valid membership number to HSBC in order to earn and redeem points. Membership and the earning and redemption of points is subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/terms. Eligible purchases exclude interest free and other promotions, balance transfers, business expenses, cash advances, fees and charges, disputed transactions, BPAY® and any government fee or charge.
- A joining fee usually applies, however, HSBC has arranged for this to be waived for HSBC credit card customers opting in to HSBC Qantas Rewards who are not already Qantas Frequent Flyer members - join by visiting qantas.com/hsbcjoin
- Terms and conditions apply to the use of Apple Pay and Google Pay. Not available on HSBC corporate credit cards. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. Apple Pay and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc. For a list of compatible Apple Pay devices, see support.apple.com/km207105. Google Pay is currently available for Android™ devices running 4.4 (KitKat) or higher with a Near Field Communication (NFC) antenna and Host Card Emulation (HCE) support to make purchases in stores and in apps.