Register for Online Banking
- Call 132 152.
- Register for Phone Banking by entering your credit card number and following the prompts to set up your Access Code.
- Go to hsbc.com.au and click 'Register' under HSBC Online Banking on the right of the screen.
- Follow the prompts to set up your own Username and passwords, using your Personal Banking Number (PBN) and the Access Code you set up for Phone banking. If you haven't received your PBN, please give us a call.
- Now you're ready to manage your credit card online. Your access code can also be used for phone banking.
Activate your card
Activate your card online
Once you've been set up to use HSBC's Online Banking, you can activate your card by clicking on your linked credit card that can be found under Account Summary.
Activate your card over the phone by following these simple steps:
- Call 132 152 and enter your card number
- Follow the prompts to register your account. Once registered, select the card activation option and follow the prompts
Up to 55 days interest free1
on purchases (when you pay the full balance by the due date each month)
Extended interest free purchases of up to 5 years
at over 1,000 participating retail outlets2 across Australia
(minimum purchases apply, reverts to the cash advance rate after the promotional period)
Special privileges at over 19,000 retailers
in more than 160 countries and territories with the home&Away3 Privilege Program
at no extra cost
Discover HSBC's wide range of products and services
Terms & ConditionsExpanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
Credit provided by HSBC Bank Australia Limited ABN 48 006 434 162 Australian Credit Licence 232595. Fees, charges, terms and conditions apply. Visit hsbc.com.au or call 132 152. HSBC's lending criteria apply. This advertisement provides general advice only and doesn't take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Financial Services Guide (FSG) (PDF, 583 KB) before acquiring this product, available by calling 1300 308 008, at your local branch or www.hsbc.com.au.
1. Depending on when you make your purchases, when your statement is issued, and if you pay off the total outstanding balance on your next statement of account on or before the due date. There are no interest free days on cash advances and balance transfers. You will not gain the benefit of the interest free period unless you pay the full balance (including any Balance Transfer or promotional purchases) by the due date. Eligible purchase excludes business expenses, interest free promotions, interest free merchant purchases, balance transfers and cash advances. Rewards Program terms, conditions and points capping limits apply.
2. Available at participating retailers only. Minimum purchase and conditions apply. Interest free finance is applied only to promotional transactions for the specified period. Balances outstanding at the end of the promotional period will form part of the normal account balances and will accrue interest at the cash advance rate (currently 21.99% p.a. for HSBC Platinum Qantas Credit Card, 21.99% p.a. for HSBC Platinum Credit Card, 21.99% p.a. for HSBC Credit Card or 25.99% p.a. if you applied in a retail store as at 29-Jan-18 and subject to change). (View HSBC current cash advance rates). Monthly repayments are required and calculated at 3% of the outstanding balance or $20 for platinum cards and $30 for other cards, whichever is higher.
3. home&Away Privilege Program Terms and Conditions apply.